Heritage Owners Club

Heritage straps?

barrymclark

The new 575 hasn't an upper bout strap button so I am gonna have to traditional and do the peghead tie-off.

I'd love to get an H strap but I don't think that store exists anymore.

Anyone know if any of this stuff is still available?

The new 575 hasn't an upper bout strap button so I am gonna have to traditional and do the peghead tie-off.

I asked Wolfe to put the strap button on mine. I guess you need to ask to have it done from them.

I would call Wolfe before you do it yourself. They know where the proper place is to add the strap button. If not positioned properly the guitar will not hand correctly while playing.

I also want to say they place it different than where Heritage's web site say to put the button. Give them a call Tues., is my advice.

I asked Wolfe to put the strap button on mine. I guess you need to ask to have it done from them.

I would call Wolfe before you do it yourself. They know where the proper place is to add the strap button. If not positioned properly the guitar will not hand correctly while playing.

I also want to say they place it different than where Heritage's web site say to put the button. Give them a call Tues., is my advice.

Not really wanting to have the button put in if I can avoid it.

Wanna leave it exactly as it is. I know a button is no big deal. Just really wanna avoid doing anything to it.

The old way of strapping up would negate the need for the upper bout button. :)

Barry, Lane Zastro had www.heritageaxe-cessories.com, but it seems to be closed, now. You never know, tho'. Someone on the HOC might have a Heritage strap they'd sell you. I have one, not my favorite strap, but it's nice to have in the "collection".

Not really wanting to have the button put in if I can avoid it.

Wanna leave it exactly as it is. I know a button is no big deal. Just really wanna avoid doing anything to it.

The old way of strapping up would negate the need for the upper bout button. :D

Hi, Perhaps because of my advancing years, I never install a strap button on an archtop like a 575. I usually sit down to play it, mainly because I play jazz and have never been able to chord properly (esp. those "hard" chords) while standing up. I admit that many others would disagree, but I just wanted to give you my support for your decision NOT to put a button on it. In fact, I am sick of seeing so many archtops messed up by a button in the wrong place, not only from the perspective of "balance" mentioned earlier, but also in the way of my hands when I'm playing high on the neck. Just my two cents worth...

Hi, Perhaps because of my advancing years, I never install a strap button on an archtop like a 575. I usually sit down to play it, mainly because I play jazz and have never been able to chord properly (esp. those "hard" chords) while standing up. I admit that many others would disagree, but I just wanted to give you my support for your decision NOT to put a button on it. In fact, I am sick of seeing so many archtops messed up by a button in the wrong place, not only from the perspective of "balance" mentioned earlier, but also in the way of my hands when I'm playing high on the neck. Just my two cents worth...

I play sitting down almost all the time too... but I wanted something for those times where I might wanna stand up.

You are right... some of those chords are a real pain unless you are sitting down.

Archived