Heritage Owners Club

Its shipped!

I just got an email from David Allen that my Chihuahua amp is shipped. I doubt it will get here in time for the weekend, but should be plugged in Monday or Tuesday...

post-364-1279826407_thumb.jpg

"New Allen Chihuahua ("chi-wah-wah") takes the home practice amp up to a whole new level. A Class A single-ended tube amp using a single 6L6 or EL34 power tube for 10 watts to drive a 10" Copperhead speaker with a full tone stack including my RAW mid/gain boost control and all tube driven spring reverb! The reverb recovery has an extra gain stage which is very welcome for great overdriven tones. The RAW control unscoops the mids for a more 5F1 tweed type tone. It has a respectable amount of clean headroom and bottom end authority on bass notes for an amp this size/power. At only 17" by 17" and 24lbs it is the perfect grab n' go practice amp.

All top notch components throughout including a stainless-steel chassis, US made power transformer, Heyboer output transformer, Accutronics 9" reverb tank, Switchcraft jacks, Carling switch, Mallory M150 tone capacitors, etc. Also available as a head and in kit form."

Sounds very cool.... That should be a blast to play. chihuahua.jpg And it looks cool too.

The Chihuahua arrived last night. Its a light thing, advertised at 24 lbs. What I could see without taking things apart looked like fantastic workmanship. My week is stacked, so I had and will have limited time until the weekend to really try it out. :D

Plugged it in about 10pm and took it around the block at a low volume. Sounds great, I think the Eminence Copperhead speaker is kind of stiff right now, but I'll do my best to open her up over the weekend.

Archived