Heritage Owners Club

It followed me home

IMG_0012-1.jpg

IMG_0016-1.jpg

IMG_0013-2.jpg

I was at my local music store and got to noodling around with this Dr. Z Galaxie 2x10" and it up and followed me home. Can I keep it honey? I'll take care of it all by myself...really I will!

I was this |--| close to pulling the trigger on the Galaxie rather than the Carmen Ghia. But decided that one was just way too loud! Awesome amp, wonderful tones. But you have to push it. Not sure a Brakelite would even tame that one. B) But I do truly! love that amp. Looks like a 1x12? Neato color, too. :D

Yumm! That amp is just... it just oozes COOL! Great score. Are you gonna use the Dr Z brake lite on it?

I'll probably go back to the guitar shop and check out the brake lite Randy. I have an attenuator that my amp tech made for me and it works great. I'll see if there's enough of a difference to get one.

I've yet to have a chance to play a Z. Heard a couple, and I really dig the elegance and "modern clean" of the design. So, what power tubes, and how does it sound/respond?

6L6's, which are my favorite power tubes. This thing is as clean as they come, but change channels and get some real grind. Also has the pentode/triode option.

I was this |--| close to pulling the trigger on the Galaxie rather than the Carmen Ghia. But decided that one was just way too loud! Awesome amp, wonderful tones. But you have to push it. Not sure a Brakelite would even tame that one. B) But I do truly! love that amp. Looks like a 1x12? Neato color, too. :D

I remember when you were trying to make the decision on yours Kenny. This is the 2x10 model. He didn't have a 1x12 for me to A/B but this one sounds great.

I remember when you were trying to make the decision on yours Kenny. This is the 2x10 model. He didn't have a 1x12 for me to A/B but this one sounds great.

The Doctor's 2x10 are killer! At least from everything I've read and heard about them. Not sure what he's doing. But that cab seems to be the stuff. Right now I'm jonsing for the Jaz20/40. That one made me sit up and notice. So ... you getting a brakelite for that beast? I use mine all the time.

The Doctor's 2x10 are killer! At least from everything I've read and heard about them. Not sure what he's doing. But that cab seems to be the stuff. Right now I'm jonsing for the Jaz20/40. That one made me sit up and notice. So ... you getting a brakelite for that beast? I use mine all the time.

I went and played a little with the attenuator hooked up and it does the trick in the triode setting, but seems to choke off the amp too much in the pentode. The brakelite is probably the best option, but I've never used one so I'll have to check it out. I'd like to play through the Jaz20/40 also. 4x6v6's have to sound terrific. I wonder why he decided to go with a solid state rectifier on that model? Should be a killer amp though.

Archived