Heritage Owners Club

Finish Repair on 535

jmac

I will be spending a week in Michigan August 7th about one hour from Kalamazoo. Would Heritage fix a chip in the finish of my 535? I would love to have this done at the factory. I doubt if they would do this but thought I would ask for some input.

I will be spending a week in Michigan August 7th about one hour from Kalamazoo. Would Heritage fix a chip in the finish of my 535? I would love to have this done at the factory. I doubt if they would do this but thought I would ask for some input.

Where is the chip? How bad is the chip? Got pictures??? Heritage is in business to make money, and to help satisfy their customers. Jack French could do just about anything, with regard to repair and refin. Show us some pictures . . . . . we'll be better able to give you direction

Thank you for the phone number. The chip is just above the bridge. it looks like the laquer just chipped out. I am out of town for the week or I would post pictures. This chip has been on my mind. I know the guitar does have to be beautiful but if I could just that one little spot fixed I can live with the rest of the dings. I am the third owner.

Guest mgoetting

I know what you mean about the chip. It's like getting the first little dent on the door of your new car.

How do folks like SRV and Alvin Lee deal with such beat up axes?

Hey JMAC...Without speaking oficially for the guys there, I can tell you that they have done some terrific chip repairs in the past, including a three spot on the top of my trans cherry GE within the last month. The ability is certainly there to make your guitar like new, and I would say it just depends upon their current schedule. Jack French is the main finish repair guy there, and does amazing work. Yu may need to leave it and I doubt that it could be done within the weeks time frame, but if you ar elike me it is worth it to have your guitar back to perfect, which they can definitetly do for you. Call up there and ask Jack or Ren what they can do for you..

Hey JMAC...Without speaking oficially for the guys there, I can tell you that they have done some terrific chip repairs in the past, including a three spot on the top of my trans cherry GE within the last month. The ability is certainly there to make your guitar like new, and I would say it just depends upon their current schedule. Jack French is the main finish repair guy there, and does amazing work. Yu may need to leave it and I doubt that it could be done within the weeks time frame, but if you ar elike me it is worth it to have your guitar back to perfect, which they can definitetly do for you. Call up there and ask Jack or Ren what they can do for you..

Vince,

I have been meaning to thank you for all your posts and replies lately. It means SO much to us to have a Heritage Endorser so active and loyal to Heritage guitars and this HOC forum.

I was literally listening to your album "Makin' a Move" on Saturday while driving back from Cleveland. I can say it was both an inspiration and at the same time it made me wish I would started playing at age 11 instead of age 21!!!!

Thanks again for your valuable input!

Big plus +++ on that one. Jack fixed a bubble in my Millie last year. Can't tell it was ever there. I even got to pick it up at the picnic. How cool was that? Not saying Jmac can get the pickup time, tho'. I think my situation was just providence.

I know what you mean about the chip. It's like getting the first little dent on the door of your new car.

How do folks like SRV and Alvin Lee deal with such beat up axes?

How the heck does ol' Willie Nelson deal with the Martin he wore a hole in with his finger nails . . . . . . .but, then again . . . I think Uncle Sam took everything else away from him due to his neglect of paying "his fair share" of taxes.

I have to get a finish repair on the top of my H150 if I ever decide to take off the pickguard. The screw on the bottom dug into the finish, so a 5mm wide round chip is missing.

but... in all honesty, your guitar is gonna get dings and dents over the years. One of the reasons I like used guitars is that they already come with a few dings, so you don't have to obsess as much.

guys thanks so much for the info. I will give them a call. I can live with the other dents and dings but just wanted that one chip fixed.

It's such a great guitar.

jmac

Vince,

I have been meaning to thank you for all your posts and replies lately. It means SO much to us to have a Heritage Endorser so active and loyal to Heritage guitars and this HOC forum.

I was literally listening to your album "Makin' a Move" on Saturday while driving back from Cleveland. I can say it was both an inspiration and at the same time it made me wish I would started playing at age 11 instead of age 21!!!!

Thanks again for your valuable input!

Thanks Kuz...I would probably be even more active post wise if I weren't on the string and tin can dial up out here in the country of VA...Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountain views, and high speed maybe in the next few months. Also out of school till Aug 9, so that helps.

Thanks for your kind words, and I am always glad to help anyone out with whatever input or music etc I can give...

Vince

Archived