Heritage Owners Club

Blues Deluxe/Prospect question

Guest mgoetting

Guest mgoetting

From what I understand, Ed Roman had an arrangement with Heritage for Prospects with a solid center. There were seven different "Blues Deluxes" made for a few years before there was a falling out between parties (I'm being polite). The Prospect continues with a floating center block and a laminated top and back.

Besides the center block, what are the differences between the Blues Deluxe and the Prospect STD?

Thanks.

From what I understand, Ed Roman had an arrangement with Heritage for Prospects with a solid center. There were seven different "Blues Deluxes" made for a few years before there was a falling out between parties (I'm being polite). The Prospect continues with a floating center block and a laminated top and back.

Besides the center block, what are the differences between the Blues Deluxe and the Prospect STD?

Thanks.

Supposedly ER got premium tops. Hard to tell most of the time, tho'. I've had a Prospect Std and I have a Prospect Custom. Both had/have great tops. Curly had ERBD at PSPI. Which is one reason I started on them. I think ... and this is "think" only, that they may have had hardware other than Schaller, too.

Guest mgoetting
Supposedly ER got premium tops. Hard to tell most of the time, tho'. I've had a Prospect Std and I have a Prospect Custom. Both had/have great tops. Curly had ERBD at PSPI. Which is one reason I started on them. I think ... and this is "think" only, that they may have had hardware other than Schaller, too.

I heard that ER didn't like Schallers and that some had HRWs and some SDs. Also, ER put a different tailpiece on them. I read he used a Gibson in fact.

that would be an ironic name for a guitar - the 'STD' B)

Guest mgoetting
that would be an ironic name for a guitar - the 'STD' ;)

I will bet you that STDs was and is an occupational hazard of rock stardom. Makes me wonder about the name Eric Clapton. ;)

I will bet you that STDs was and is an occupational hazard of rock stardom. Makes me wonder about the name Eric Clapton. ;)

or 'Rod Stewart' for that matter

Ed really liked block inlays, ebony boards and dual vip switching system on his BD's. Wasn't very big on any of the models he had that came that way. I bought mine when he was closing out his Heritage line in '05 to save some money. He had maybe 6 left when I bought mine I had maybe a 20 min conservation when while we were doing the paperwork and getting a set up. He said he was glad to see mine go because he thought mine was "too plain" because it didn't have block inlays,dual vip system. Seemed the only compliment he had for mine was it came with 5 ply binding. I thought up until recently that all of the Blues Deluxes that came with Schaller pups were HRW's than awhile ago when I took them off I found they are not. He tried to upgrade to his Black Backs but I didn't want that hot of a pup in a semi. Enough rambling hope this helps.

Mercury was used to treat STDs in the olden times. Thus - Freddy Mercury.

The young Airman was the target of this photoshop. I put the village people around him, in front of the Oscar Meyer Wienermobile with, no less, than Freddy Mercury driving.

Hey, you bring up Ed Roman on this forum and anything goes..............

oscmyr.jpg

Mercury was used to treat STDs in the olden times. Thus - Freddy Mercury.

The young Airman was the target of this photoshop. I put the village people around him, in front of the Oscar Meyer Wienermobile with, no less, than Freddy Mercury driving.

Hey, you bring up Ed Roman on this forum and anything goes..............

oscmyr.jpg

I like what you created, Bird!

Archived