Heritage Owners Club

Heritage LP "imitator" on wiki

chico

Don't know if any of you have read the Wikipedia entry for "Gibson Les Paul", but in my opinion it could stand some editing--

Check out the "imitations" part--no where does it mention G left Kzoo, but there were LPs still made there to this day--

but instead lumps Heritage into the likes of Tokai and other LP rip-offs.

Anyway, I thought some editing might be due--if just adding some quotes from the Encore Article that has been linked to here about Heritage.  About how G "left" kazoo as was quoted in the Encore article--there is some juicy insight there into the corporate doings--as in H.J. buying a "brand"--none of that in the Wiki entry--it should be noted that some consider the Heritage LP the 'real deal'...

Take a look at the page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibson_Les_Paul

scroll down to the Norlin era

What do you think?

rock on~

chico

Chico, agreed it should be edited. I do think Gib..n would have a problem with the language if it were stated " Heritage is still making Les Paul guitars in the original Kalamazoo factory today". Legally the H150/H157 cannot be called a "Les Paul"due to patent laws, even though we all know the history.

This is what I put in there:

Heritage Guitars, founded in 1985 by four long-time Gibson employees when Gibson relocated to Nashville, continues to build high-quality guitars in the original factory at 225 Parsons Street in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Many of their models evoke memories of Gibson's late-50s/early-60s "golden years." The H-150 and H-157, for instance, are reminiscent of the original Les Paul and Les Paul Custom, while the H-535 is a modern version of the classic Gibson ES-335. Because Heritage guitars are built in the original factory, by some of the employees who helped manufacturer the most sought after, vintage Gibson models, some don't consider them imitators at all, but a continuation of the Kalamazoo legacy.

I don't think I crossed any lines, though.

This is what I put in there:

I don't think I crossed any lines, though.

Well done! 

Lets keep an eye on it for revisions!

chico

I think the edit looks and reads in a very professional manner. Good job!

As a side note, even my Guitar Encyclopedia only gives Heritage a passing, one paragraph note. Sad.  :'(

Archived