Heritage Owners Club

Incoming!

I have really been looking at this amp for several months now.

I was also considering that one for quite sometime until I decided on the Axe-Fx Ultra. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it when you get it.

• 3 weeks later...

My amp sequence over the last fifteen years or so has been, for what it's worth, a Fender Ultimate Chorus, a Roland JC-120

(great sound, but talk about heavy!!), a Fender Jazzmaster Ultralight, a Roland Cube 60 and now the 80X.

I LOOOOVE my Cube 80X! I can do just about anything with it - musically, that is - and I find it superior to

my old Cube 60. It took me a while to figure out how to set up the EQ - for what I mostly do (big band rhythm and

vocal accompaniment with a trio or quartet), the tone controls are set at the 9 o'clock position, with the

presence at about 10 o'clock, maybe 10:30 if the vocalist is female.

That works for me.

Also, the acoustic and the blackface settings need a bit more oomph, but trust me, I can fill a good sized

auditorium with my 575 and the 80X. For rock, it will never be as loud as a Marshall stack. On the other hand,

it won't cost as much, definitely won't weigh as much, and the tone is pretty much the same. It's also nice to finish

a set without one's ears bleeding (I do use earplugs, though, no matter what!)

Archived