Heritage Owners Club

Thanks Kuz and Mr. Seacup

Guest mgoetting

Guest mgoetting

Got out my new (to me) Digitech for the first time which I got from Kuz and played my H160V I got from Dick Seacup. I can't explain how since I was just dinking around but I ended up with surfing settings (reverb and deep twang) and drums. Next thing I knew it was an hour later.

Cost of the H160V: $700. Cost of the Digitech: $50. The cost of the joy of playing: my dignity.

Got out my new (to me) Digitech for the first time which I got from Kuz and played my H160V I got from Dick Seacup. I can't explain how since I was just dinking around but I ended up with surfing settings (reverb and deep twang) and drums. Next thing I knew it was an hour later.

Cost of the H160V: $700. Cost of the Digitech: $50. The cost of the joy of playing: my dignity.

[/quote

Just don't tell me you did it ALL in front of a full length mirror !!!!!!!!!

Peter Alton Green

post-1702-1282324406_thumb.jpg

The cost of the smile on your face: PRICELESS!!

Got out my new (to me) Digitech for the first time which I got from Kuz ...

Which Digitech were you playing with?

I picked up an RP300 on e-bay on a whim and haven't gotten it out of the box.

It was short-circuited by a little MXR overdrive that GC had on sale for $29 that sounds great with my Princeton Re-issue.

After hearing your story guess I'll set aside an afternoon in the near future and give the Digitech a chance.

Tony M

Guest mgoetting

It was short-circuited by a little MXR overdrive that GC had on sale for $29 that sounds great with my Princeton Re-issue.

After hearing your story guess I'll set aside an afternoon in the near future and give the Digitech a chance.

Tony M

I have a GX2 I believe, or something like it, that I also got on Ebay but haven't used. There's a lot to it.

I picked up a simple modeler, which may be an RP, from Kuz. It's at home so I can't tell you what it is. I've just been exploring the settings.

Fun.

Tony M

Don't ignore the Digitech RP's.I used one for years at a club job,an RP100.I programmed it in banks of 5 effects like 1) tremolo 2) bypass 3) lead 1 Overdrive & reverb, 4) heavy distortion + echo & reverb 5) rhythm sound. Next bank would be 6) tremolo again 7) Bypass again 8) Clean,with short echo 9) clean with long echo 10) rhythm with phase or chorus,and so on and so on to your requirements.The only addition was a foot volume attached to the unit.The reason for duplicate sounds was so I didn't have to scroll through more than 4 patches in any one song.

Peter Alton Green.

Tony M

I've got a Digitech RP-350 that I have used in my basement 4-5 times. I would like to sell it because I don't get in to the whole programing thing and its more than I care to learn. I bought it for the amp models and later decided to buy the amps I liked best. Great unit if you're in to that digital stuff. I'm too analog for that.

I've got a Digitech RP-350 that I have used in my basement 4-5 times. I would like to sell it because I don't get in to the whole programing thing and its more than I care to learn. I bought it for the amp models and later decided to buy the amps I liked best. Great unit if you're in to that digital stuff. I'm too analog for that.

I had the RP-7 Valve model which had a 12AX7 in it. Not bad but, just like you, got bored of trying to program it. I sold that and bought Guitar Tracks Pro 4 USB and Guitar Rig 4 and haven't stopped grinning since :D

Wow . . . some of you guys are really techno savvy. I have a DigiTech 944 Chain Reaction rack mount that I bought some 20 years ago. I guess maybe I should look into upgrading? I've been playing my arch tops almost exclusively for the past 8 months or so, when I first started playing again after a 12 year absence from it. So, I didn't really need any effects.

I bought my 10 year old grand son an RP 250 that he runs his 3/4 Strat through. He does the intro to G & R's Sweet Child O' Mine with just the right sound. That's when I can really hear how dated the sound in my old Chain Reaction is. But, like NoNameBand, I like the simplicity of the Chain Reaction. Nothing to program. I want distortion . . . I step on the button that says distortion. I want parametric EQ . . .I step on that button. Same with diqital delay, flanger/chorus, infinite repeat.

I just bought a DigiTech Jamman stereo. Gonna get it out of the box this weekend and start to f*** with it. I'm gonna lay down the tracks to Rhythm Changes-Oleo . . . . run some pent and diatonic improve over it. That's a real chops builder .. . also a humbling experience.

Archived