Heritage Owners Club

New guitar day

big bob

Lance,

I am REALLY glad this is working out for you. You were SO excited.

I am not trying to slam Jay or Graham, but wouldn't the lacquer check be the first thing out of your mouth if you were describing the guitar over the phone???

I had a similar issue with a lacquer check that they "forgot" to mention on my 150 GT P-90. About 3/4 of an inch right out from the tone pot.

There same strategy worked on me too.... I ENDED UP IN LOVE WITH THE GUITAR AND COULDN'T"T MAKE MYSELF SEND IT BACK!!!!

Nice to see it is working out for you.

It can be fixed, and I don't think it will cost much. But it should have been disclosed. Jay has been very nice about correcting the problem but Kuz is correct. It should have been disclosed.

Guest mgoetting
It can be fixed, and I don't think it will cost much. But it should have been disclosed. Jay has been very nice about correcting the problem but Kuz is correct. It should have been disclosed.

Please let us know how they repair this. They must remove the lacquer and reapply. That may take some time.

Lance: For my $20 bucks . . (I'm not into the chump change thing, so I never off my $.02 . . only my $20 bucks) Get an estimate on the cost of repair, submit to Jay, let him send you a check, then deduct it from the price you paid for the guitar and consider the discounted number the true cost of the guitar. Don't f*** with it. It doesn't look that bad at all. It's what the guitar has become. Love it for what it is, not for what it was when it was brand new out of the box. If it plays well and sounds good . . . why mess with it?? What Mark says is pretty accurate . . . . so is jazzrat. It can be "touched up" as jazzrat says. But. I don't care who does the touch up . . . it's gonna be detectable and your eyes are always gonna go to it as soon as you pick up the guitar. As for scraping the laquer off and respraying . . . if the guitar has developed any patina, which I'm sure it has, they're gonna need to do the entire area. You're gonna need to give up your guitar to Heritage, or whom ever, for God knows how many weeks. I would just play it and love it for what it is.

Guest mgoetting
Lance: For my $20 bucks . . (I'm not into the chump change thing, so I never off my $.02 . . only my $20 bucks) Get an estimate on the cost of repair, submit to Jay, let him send you a check, then deduct it from the price you paid for the guitar and consider the discounted number the true cost of the guitar. Don't f*** with it. It doesn't look that bad at all. It's what the guitar has become. Love it for what it is, not for what it was when it was brand new out of the box. If it plays well and sounds good . . . why mess with it?? What Mark says is pretty accurate . . . . so is jazzrat. It can be "touched up" as jazzrat says. But. I don't care who does the touch up . . . it's gonna be detectable and your eyes are always gonna go to it as soon as you pick up the guitar. As for scraping the laquer off and respraying . . . if the guitar has developed any patina, which I'm sure it has, they're gonna need to do the entire area. You're gonna need to give up your guitar to Heritage, or whom ever, for God knows how many weeks. I would just play it and love it for what it is.

Once again, Patrick's got it right.

These little "beauty marks" only become an issue for resale (unless it makes those little voices in your head talk too much).

patrick, the repair does not scrape any finish of, the check will be cleaned, then treated with a solvent to soften the lacquer then a small amount of lacquer will be put (with a applicator) not sprayed into the crack. this is followed by a wet sand and buff, boom gone. I would do it myself if the supplies weren't so pricey or if I could by them in small amounts. my tech tony can do a great job. I would let it go but it just seems to stand for something that would piss me off. and it's right where I would see it every time I played. Nobody wants to be pissed of every time they pick up their guitar, thats why Brent sold me the 150 custom.

Archived