Heritage Owners Club

amp innovation?

chico

story in the local paper this morning..

WHITEWATER — The trio grew up together in Fort Atkinson and pay their bills with jobs like pizza delivery and taking care of the flock at a local chicken farm.

Their focus, however, is on making a standard from the past better for the future by improving the way musicians use their amplifiers.

Brennon Garthwait, David Hartwig and Evan Preston formed their company, Renwig Custom, to build tube amplifiers that operate like a digitally controlled amplifier, only without the loss of the full, rich sound that many musicians prefer.

The founders of Renwig have added robotics to a tube amplifier that allows guitar, bass and piano players to change the volume, tone, gain and equalization of their amps with the press of a foot switch. An initial design features four switches allowing four preset sounds to be used. Future designs could allow for dozens of preset sound changes.

The design means greater control for the musician, who can now be more creative and, for some, may no longer have to rely on someone backstage to make the desired adjustments.

[/left]

An interesting article Chico, but I guess I'm not really sure what their mod does. If it is just like a volume control, they probably won't do too well, but I suspect it is more than that. I like the idea of the inovation incubator though.

sounds like the Whizzer that neil Young uses

"Neil has this thing attached to his deluxe called the "Whizzer." It's a set of servo motors that actually physically twist the knobs to pre-set values!"

Archived