Heritage Owners Club

New jazz vids from Shawn Purcell!

Jazzpunk

I saw that HOC member Shawn Purcell had posted some new clips on youtube. Thought I'd post them here for those of you that dig the jazz:

Here is some info he posted about his Heritage 535:

"The Heritage isn't really totally stock, I put a set of Wolfetone "The Legend" PAFs in there as well as CTS pots and Jensen pio tone cap... The strings are D'Addario 12-16-19-27-37-48, the wound strings are pure nickels..."

Hokey smoke, I had no awareness of this guy and I like his music a lot. Thanks for the pointer.

Tal

Where did that come from?! :D

Just a joke.

Not directed at anyone.

Just kind of saying "real" players like this cat, just play the heck out of their guitars. If it sounds good, and plays well, that all the real players worry about.

Thanks for posting. A monster player!!!

Just a joke.

Not directed at anyone.

Just kind of saying "real" players like this cat, just play the heck out of their guitars. If it sounds good, and plays well, that all the real players worry about.

Thanks for posting. A monster player!!!

Cool, just checkin'. Thought you might still be holding my oh so popular headstock thread against me lol. ;)

Shawn is such an awesome player and truly the ambassador of 535 jazz. Hmmm...'Mr. 535' maybe? <_<

Cool, just checkin'. Thought you might still be holding my oh so popular headstock thread against me lol. ;)

Shawn is such an awesome player and truly the ambassador of 535 jazz. Hmmm...'Mr. 535' maybe? :D

No, honest truth, there have been so many threads about the headstock I forgot who started what!!!! LOL

And yes, let's appoint this guy Mr. 535 and get him (AND YOU, because we would love to meet you) to PSP4!!!!

No, honest truth, there have been so many threads about the headstock I forgot who started what!!!! LOL

And yes, let's appoint this guy Mr. 535 and get him (AND YOU, because we would love to meet you) to PSP4!!!!

I second that. I plan on being there and hope to meet the lot of you!

Hey Guys,

Wow, I just found this thread, thanks so much for all of the kind words!!! I posted one more video on YouTube...

It's a ballad, which I haven't really posted, so I thought I was due ^_^

PSP4 sounds awesome, I hadn't really heard of the PSP til today, sounds like a blast!!!!

I picked this guitar up in 2005 at Indianapolis NAMM, when I worked for Heritage Amps, I had special ordered a 535, but I saw this one come out of the case and basically told Lane Zastrow "That's my new guitar" :o It's a 20th Anniversary, and I play it so much that it's already been refretted, and the refret just got leveled recently. I changed a bunch of stuff out on the guitar, but it was great before I messed with it, just had some tinkeritis going on...

Thanks again, I really appreciate it!!!

Shawn

www.shawnpurcell.com

Nice to hear from you Shawn!!!!

Please continue to post regularly here. We have a number of very good players on this forum (myself excluded) and love the input from some Heritage spankers!!!!

Keep up the good work there, Mr. 535!!!!

Hey Guys,

Wow, I just found this thread, thanks so much for all of the kind words!!! I posted one more video on YouTube...

It's a ballad, which I haven't really posted, so I thought I was due :occasion14:

Fantastic man! Great band as well.

If you ever make it out to L.A. to play, please let me know!

Very seasoned playing. I really injoyed.

Archived