Heritage Owners Club

Anyone convert their Schaller's/HRW's from 4 screw to 2 screw PuP rings?

pushover

Just curious about this one. The PuP rings on my milli-DC are broken, and I can't seem to find any direct replacements. There seems to be a place in the U.k, that sells them, but they're not pre-arched. I haven't been able to find anything here in the USA and I even checked with Ren at Heritage, and he said they didn't have any either.

From looking at the PuP itself it looks like there a 3 holes on each end of the PuP. including one in the middle that would seem to support a single central screw rather than the two either side of the center that are on there now. So I'm just wondering why I can't put a "normal" 2 screw PuP ring on there? Anyone else done this? Seems like it should work.

Just curious about this one. The PuP rings on my milli-DC are broken, and I can't seem to find any direct replacements. There seems to be a place in the U.k, that sells them, but they're not pre-arched. I haven't been able to find anything here in the USA and I even checked with Ren at Heritage, and he said they didn't have any either.

From looking at the PuP itself it looks like there a 3 holes on each end of the PuP. including one in the middle that would seem to support a single central screw rather than the two either side of the center that are on there now. So I'm just wondering why I can't put a "normal" 2 screw PuP ring on there? Anyone else done this? Seems like it should work.

I have a 157 with Schallers that has the 2 screw rings, I bought it that way used. You're right about the 3 hole per side rings being hard to come by. I was wondering if they have to be custom cut to fit the body contour.

You're right about the 3 hole per side rings being hard to come by. I was wondering if they have to be custom cut to fit the body contour.

The UK supplier is www.guitarbitz.com but they're also available on the Schaller website. They are a flat-bottom profile and need contouring to your guitar's top carve spec. This is straightforward if you use the existing mounting rings as a template. I've done it when changing my 535 from black to cream mounting rings.

Hope that helps a bit :occasion14:

Archived