Heritage Owners Club

New H150 crazy price

pcovers

The biggest problem I see is a lack of publicty of a first class guitar. Heritage is so far ahead of Gibson and other companys it's a shame. I have owned Les Pauls back to 1960 and only 1 compared to the H- 150. But you can't find Heritage listed in any Guitar publication anywhere. Most real players know the difference but the average Joe will buy by brand name no matter how bad they are.

Uh-oh . . . . it sounds like we are headed for that tired old conversation about marketing, exposure, awareness, price value, brand loyality etc., etc., etc. Have you considered the possibility that maybe it's the dealer and not the guitar that people are avoiding? I've seen Gibson Les Pauls hanging on the wall in some shops for well over a year also. How long do you think an H150, brand new, for $1,500 would last at Wolfe Guitars, Buffalo Bros, Jimmy Wallace's??

Could it be that the H150 on sale for $1,500 is flawed in some way? Maybe the shop owner ordered it with a super thin . . . or super thick neck? Maybe one of his customers ordered it in pink with purple polka dots (exaggeration obviously)

I wouldn't be too quick to jump to conclusions without having first seen the guitar. The H150 currently lists for $2,990. If dealers get a discount off of list price of somewhere between 40% and 50% . . . then at $1,500, this dealer is just barely getting his/her money back. Maybe that's all he wants to do at this point . . . . maybe he's not a "Les Paul" type dealer, more into acoustic folk guitars. Maybe he's going out of business and liquidating his stock. Maybe he's moving away from Heritage in general . . . for what ever reason . . . and wants liquidity to buy stock of other brands. There are a plethora of maybe scenarios. Also, I've seen no photos???? Or even link ups to that particular dealer????

Another possibility could be that the dealer had this 150 in stock for a few years. If so, then he did not pay the current wholesale price for it and can discount it to get it off of his inventory tax list.

Over a year ago I purchased a brand new (n.o.s.) 150 Goldtop w/Lollar P90's for $1,500 from an excellent Heritage dealer who had it in stock a VERY long time. Good timing in a bad market.

Times are tough all around, especially for small business owners and particularly guitar stores that have to compete with internet bargains and super dealers.

:D No all joking aside I bought a beautiful 1 piece maple top 150 from a small dealer right next to the Heritage plant. It was a 07 model and was listed as New Old Stock. He gave me a great price on this guitar that a couple of big name dealers couldn't touch. Like fiddler said the small dealers sometimes have to go lower whereas the larger ones can hold them as long as need be. Anyone want a great price call Mr. Rich at String Collectors.

many retail outlets will sell at below cost if the item will not sell to get back money rather than have it take up showroom space.

I agree with Patrick, the rest of the discussion is just what has been gone over time and time again. Lets just be happy that we can get a better instrument at less money and the rest of the world can go on buying what ever it wants to.

many retail outlets will sell at below cost if the item will not sell to get back money rather than have it take up showroom space.

I agree with Patrick, the rest of the discussion is just what has been gone over time and time again. Lets just be happy that we can get a better instrument at less money and the rest of the world can go on buying what ever it wants to.

Thank you Mark & Patrick.... I thought we were heading down that long winding "save Heritage Guitars even though they don't need or want to be saved path".....

Keep them prices a plunging! Hopefully by the end of january when absolutely nothing is moving I can by my 555 for about 750.00 ;) Sorry but I think prices are just going to continue to fall, nothing there to jump thier value, no new modern major players using them to endorse ect. Sorry but the history behind heritage isnt going to get the ball rolling, it's major (Known !) endorsers, and alot of advertising and even then it's just luck in the end.

For us heritage lovers, it would be wise to buy'em dirt cheap and used. I couldnt amagine paying 3000.00 - 5000.00 for a new one and have it be worth 1000 the next afternoon,, no way would I chance it. Even gibsons and fenders are nose diving so all the other brands are just going to dive ten times worse.

There just isnt any stopping what is---- facts are facts. Lets just all enjoy buying them dirt cheap, and except the fact that we all are going to take the dry shaft on the ones we already own if we decide to sell them.

Keep them prices a plunging! Hopefully by the end of january when absolutely nothing is moving I can by my 555 for about 750.00 ;) Sorry but I think prices are just going to continue to fall, nothing there to jump thier value, no new modern major players using them to endorse ect. Sorry but the history behind heritage isnt going to get the ball rolling, it's major (Known !) endorsers, and alot of advertising and even then it's just luck in the end.

For us heritage lovers, it would be wise to buy'em dirt cheap and used. I couldnt amagine paying 3000.00 - 5000.00 for a new one and have it be worth 1000 the next afternoon,, no way would I chance it. Even gibsons and fenders are nose diving so all the other brands are just going to dive ten times worse.

There just isnt any stopping what is---- facts are facts. Lets just all enjoy buying them dirt cheap, and except the fact that we all are going to take the dry shaft on the ones we already own if we decide to sell them.

+1 - I am in total agreement.

Archived