Heritage Owners Club

Another new amp in the house

golferwave

IMG_0007-3.jpg

IMG_0002-5.jpg

IMG_0009-2.jpg

IMG_0006-5.jpg

IMG_0010-5.jpg

You're looking at a Tone King Meteor 30 amplifier in black. I've had this for a few weeks and was talking to Brent about it. I've still not had much time to wring it out due to job duties but I can tell you it's built like a tank. Can't give much of a report but the possibilities look to be inspiring. The thing just shimmers with tone. I'm not real big on EL-84's but this one could be the exception. It's a 1x12" with a 5U4 rectifier tube 4xEL-84 power tubes and 5x12AX7 pre-amp tubes. It came with a nice padded cover. One of the features on the amp are these spring loaded bars that hold the tubes in place and keep them from rattling. I've only had about a 1/2 hour playing time with this one but I really like it so far. Anyone else have any of the other Tone King models like the Comet, or Imperial?

Bartel makes a heckuva amp & congrats. what's with the vu-meter? his website has Meteor info, but it's "hidden". looks like exceptional attention to detail. enjoy!

what i like about EL84s is you (i.e., a great designer) can get just about a huge variety of sounds out of 'em. my Heritage Briton II head has a killer classic AC30 sound in channel 1 and an 18w Marshall (only w/30w) channel 2. completely different sounds, same EL84s. first time i heard a Blues Jr. i was surprised to hear it had 2xEL84...sounded very blackface fender to me

B)

What afine Machine!!!!! Congrat's !! I have been toying with the idea of a Tone king Metrosexual I mean Metropoliton with that Variwatt switch 1 watt- 35watt. There are some very nice demos of the Metro on you tube one in particular that has a psychodelic light show attached to the music and the amp sounds heavenly . I n fact I am working on tabbing out the piece so I can play it myself.

Cheers Mike

Dude!! that thing looks beautiful!! Quality all the way..i bet it sounds awesome!! any clips on the way?

Archived