Heritage Owners Club

H-555 Owners...Opinions Please!

Gitfiddler

Thanks guys.

'X' does indicate the production year '2007'.  I wonder what are they going to do in two more years when they run out of letters?? ???

My H555's truss rod cover has my name on it.  I originally had that made for my '96 Sweet 16, but it looks better on the '555'.

That's your guitar. I downloaded the pictures from the auction you won. It looks almost exactly like mine, though.

Your hand-built amps look very cool, by the way.

I only own one Heritage. Now that I've looked around this place I've seen some killer guitars. Like Blues N Rock's H535, and some choice solidbodies.

Here's a picture from the auction I won.  John

1c5a_3.JPG

1c5a_3.JPG_thumb

HRW's.  The first I heard of Heritage was about 18 years ago when I saw one in a store for $3500. "Premium guitars priced accordingly", I thought. But in the last year I started watching the prices on ebay. H535's were in the $1100 range so I researched Heritage (and Carvin, PRS, and Hamer), and they looked like a good value. So I grabbed my H555 off ebay and thought it was a great deal. Then I called a dealer for a price on one so I could insure it for replacement value. The quote I got was much lower than expected. One thing the seller never mentioned was that this guitar STUNK so bad it was hard to be in the same room with it. So I've been working on that ever since, and it's a lot better. The case probably won't recover, though. It still reeked after I took it to a car wash. Anyway this guitar has a 3 piece maple neck and Schaller tuners. The letter V is the first digit of the serial no. - 2005, but the pickup is dated 01/04/06. So that's my story. The guitar isn't perfect, but the tiny "flaws" only show it's mostly hand-made. There's a pencil mark on the side of the headstock, but it's still an incredible guitar.

1baf_3.JPG

1baf_3.JPG_thumb

Archived