Heritage Owners Club

Looking to maybe change out my truss rod cover/Schaller bridge

SlappyTappy

Will a Gibson engraved truss rod cover fit into a Heritage? Like this one-

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PRTR010

Also, I know a lot of you guys switch out the Schaller roller bridge for something more traditional in the vein of the tuneomatic/stop tails. What brand do you guys typically go to that can drop right in?

And finally, do Gibson pickguards fit into the pre-existing screw holes for the Heritage pickguard?

Well, a lot of people do. I can do without the pickguard honestly, the top is too gorgeous to cover up. The TRC would accent the headstock better than the very linear Heritage TRC in my opinion.

Trying to adjust the string height on my Schaller bridge right now and these things don"t want to move! Very very tight and hard to adjust.

The pickguard does not use the same holes if you change it.

I haven't changed the hardware myself, so we'll let someone else cover that...

I do know that there are previous threads that have that info...

One of my 150's had a really odd beige TRC, and I found one that was different from Gibby's or Heritage's TRC shape that I like.

I think I found that exact one on Allparts. If that one definitely fits I think I'll go with that, I like it.

Umm .. I don't remember if I had to modify it or not.

There should be a measurement of the distance between the holes to compare...

Hi,

TonePros hardware fits straight on with no messing about. Ditto Faber hardware. The part numbers depend on the finish you're looking for - nickel, chrome, gold, black, aged, etc.

I've raised a few threads on this subject as it's one if the first things I do to my Heritages. There are part numbers, suppliers, etc, in those threads.

Seems the Schaller hardware isn't for everyone. Even Heritage has switched to TonePros. The Schaller has never really bothered me, but I must admit I like the more "traditional" hardware better. As for the TRC. Yeah, it is rather utilitarian. Too bad they don't do them like they do the finger rests. That would be too cool. We have members with customized TRCs (sorry, don't recall who has them), and I'm pretty sure Mr. Admin had at one time looked into an HOC TRC. Personally, I think the Gibs TRC looks funny on a Heritage. I also think it's your guitar and you should darn well do what you please with it. ;)

Isn't Heritage doing a more Gib-like finger rest as an option? Plastic vs Wooden? Someone know for sure?

the only real issue I've ever had with the schaller hardware is that the rollers move really easily when there are no strings on the guitar. Other than that it's awesome and looks cool. I believe Schaller also makes nashville style TOMs that should drop right in, ditto on the tailpieces. You should not need to remove the bushings at all.

As for the TRC... why? The shape that heritage uses accents the shape of the headstock. As for the PG, if you are gonna get one, just get one from heritage. Heritage is not Gibson. Most of us here are proud of that fact.

Archived