Heritage Owners Club

bad cat amps

eljay

hello!

bad cats sorta intrigue me; does anyone have experience with one?

thank you, eljay

Yep, I bought one. Brought it home it blew a fuse immediate and I returned it. Three hours drive one way.

Brought another one home, assured it worked.

It immediately blew a fuse. I returned it, three hours drive. I came home with a Matchless and was MUCH happier.

I have heard of reliability issues with BadCat and my experiences confirmed that for me.

Your version may vary.

Tone Cat, Alley Cat, Hot Cat and Black Cat. I had a Cub II that I traded for a Heritage. I'm back on the market for another Cub - either the II or X version. LOVE 'EM!

Yep, I bought one. Brought it home it blew a fuse immediate and I returned it. Three hours drive one way.

Brought another one home, assured it worked.

It immediately blew a fuse. I returned it, three hours drive. I came home with a Matchless and was MUCH happier.

I have heard of reliability issues with BadCat and my experiences confirmed that for me.

Your version may vary.

You might want to have the power at your house checked. ;)

Just funnin' with ya!

You might want to have the power at your house checked. ;)

Just funnin' with ya!

I hear ya!!! But most other eight amps NEVER have had a problem!!! GO figure?

I played for about a year with another country band as well as my current band. The other guitar player had a Bad Cat. Couldn't tell you which model. His Tele sounded faboo thru that amp. Like a Vox, but just a tad bit more. He did have an issue arise in the amp, tho'. No sound - not sure what it turned out to be, but I know it took a while to trace it down. Then again, my AC30CC1 desoldered a connection. So, cant' say something won't happen. Tubes, sockets, wires, solder - lots of places for something to go awry. Loved the tone, tho'.

I've never played thru one personally, but I've heard some one else use one..Sounded great to me..

Archived