Heritage Owners Club

Ok, these guitars are addictive!

grayta

First Jay Wolfe turned me onto an H-150 in my fav color, blue.

width=600 height=450http://www.personal.kent.edu/~tagray/Heritage/150.JPG[/img]

Great, great guitar-hands down smoked my old LPs.  After a bit I wanted a semi-hollow, so I sold the 150 and scored a used 535.

width=600 height=450http://www.personal.kent.edu/~tagray/Heritage/535old.JPG[/img]

Loved the feel, never dug the color.  So, I sold that one.  But I've missed it soooo...

535new.jpg

Should arrive next week.  Thanks again, Jay! :)

I'll admit I sorta over-reacted when I heard the news that the company was being sold ("aaaauuuugh, must buy now!!!"), but I was gonna get another one at some point anyway.  ;D

Welcome...and WOW!  Nice Heritage trio you've got there.

I see a couple of guitars I had my sites on at Mr. Wolfe's shop in this thread.  Do you guys think there will be a run on current inventory now that Heritage is for sale??? 

Yep!!!

My decision to score an in stock H-555 was for that very reason.  Plus I am so weak!  :-

The diamond are cool, eh?  The only think I'm not big on is that they use blocks for the last 3 inlays on the board instead of continuing the pattern.  No ideas why they do this.

I bought this on a whim, and yeah the sale had something to do with it.  Always wantd a nice 335 type and this color and inlays and binding were perfect.  Couldn't pass it up.  Mahogany neck too!

I dig that blue one too - I think Jay has a 555 in blue on gbase...

LH575

I see a couple of guitars I had my sites on at Mr. Wolfe's shop in this thread.  Do you guys think there will be a run on current inventory now that Heritage is for sale??? 

Apparently there already has been.  8)

The only think I'm not big on is that they use blocks for the last 3 inlays on the board instead of continuing the pattern.  No ideas why they do this.

I agree. Why can't they continue the pattern all the way up? It looks kind of funky to me!

:uwp:Here's your guitar's brother.  I just got this yesterday from Jay.

http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/GearDetai...px?Item=1641659

Your new H-555 looks like a vintage instrument already!  Sweet color and nice, subtle woods!

OK, now we need an in-hand review from you in my other H-555 owners thread...please.

Mine won't be here for a few more weeks and I need something to hold me over until then.  :)

I am guessing that the do the 3 block inlay thing for cost, but it is kind of stupid.  Oh well, I dig everything else - even the headstock!  :)

I am guessing that the new owner will fix the inlay thing and change the headstock.

The headstock is what stops many from buying a Heritage guitar.  Shame.  When they fix that, the brand will jump into the spotlight big time.

Git, I'll post a clip in your thread in the coming weeks....  :)

The diamond are cool, eh?  The only think I'm not big on is that they use blocks for the last 3 inlays on the board instead of continuing the pattern.  No ideas why they do this.

LH575

Interesting...I hadn't noticed before, but that is the case on the Golden Eagle (abalone clouds up the neck until the last 3 inlays, then little blocks); and the Sweet 16 (split blocks up the neck, then the last 2 inlays are solid little blocks).

I does not bother me at all, but one has to ask...why

???

I don't think there is enough room between the frets where the last three inlays are to do a nice job doing the split diamonds.  Having the block inlay on those frets is fine with me, it doesn't detract from my appreciation of the guitar since it offers so much already.

I don't think there is enough room between the frets where the last three inlays are to do a nice job doing the split diamonds.

Couldn't they just make the inlays smaller so they fit? My G****n SG has split diamond inlays all the way up to the 24th fret!

It's here. :)

This one's a little different from my first. Schaller tuners instead of Grovers (they're getting swapped out for Schaller mini lockers), stop tail instead of the Schaller roller set-up and-this is the biggie-this one's been Plek'd.

WOW!

Plays just like my old H-150 that had been Plek'd... at 4 lbs lighter. It plays MUCH nicer than the first 535 I had. And the sound? The Duncan in the neck position in a semi-hollow is just incredible-easily the best sounding neck tone on my wall.

The bad? This top is definitely not as figured as the first one. And the set-up was a mess.  Took me an hour and a half of tweaking the bridge and the truss rod to get it to acceptable. A full turn and 1/4 of the truss rod (I have never turned one that far in my life)! Someone basically had it screwed down 100%.

Oh, well. It was worth a little sweat. Essentially I got a brand new, sweet looking 335-better, actually-for less than 2K. A couple of quick pics. :)

width=600 height=450http://www.personal.kent.edu/~tagray/Heritage/535ca1.JPG[/img]

width=360 height=480http://www.personal.kent.edu/~tagray/Heritage/535ca2.JPG[/img]

Archived