Heritage Owners Club

Schaller pickups in my 150

Heritageman

The folks over on the Birds and Moons Forum seem to like them as replacements in their PRSi. Seems to me it's just another flavor of choice. We could all say they're the best ever, but that doesn't mean you'll like them. Get a pair, try 'em, let us know how they sound for you.

Right now my 150 have Schaller pickups and i am thinking about WCR Green/Moore set as a replacement.

Do anyone have any experience with WRC pickups quality ?

i wonder how those compare to the SD ALPROs i'm gonna put in my GM?

I have to go with heritageman on this one.  I have Schallers in my 140 that I want to replace.  I'm leaning towards the Rio Grande BBQ pups right now, but haven't decided.  I just find the Schallers don't have the bottom end, high end, and the middle is too raspy, at least compared to the 59's in my 150.  But that's just me.

I have a set of the Moore/Green pickups in one of my H-150's and they sound very good. Thicker blues tone in the bridge and pure woman tone in the neck.  The neck pickup has the reversed polarity thing in the magnets and the neck pickup is mounted with the pole pieces reversed like the Moore/Green LP.  The only negative thing I can say is that in the middle position the polarity of the neck pickup seems to cancel the bridge pickup somewhat and mutes it down.  Maybe there's a way to change the wiring to correct it. 

Archived