Heritage Owners Club

can any one tell me about Marsh amplification

big bob

I'm thinking about one of his kits Tweed Bandmaster 5E7 Kit

Any one know about this guy..

http://www.marshamps.com/gallery

Looks like good stuff! ...except I don't really care much for carbon comp resistors any more - I've spent too much time pulling my hair out trying to chase down noisy ones (I prefer tantalum or carbon film) :wacko:

I think TAD caps are just as good as the Sprague Atoms so take this comment with a grain of salt; but just to throw it out there; I thought it was strange that they say Spraque Atoms or TAD's... where as Spragues run $8-12 a cap and TAD's run about $2-3 a cap (again, not a big deal, just kind of struck me as odd)

Looks like good stuff! ...except I don't really care much for carbon comp resistors any more - I've spent too much time pulling my hair out trying to chase down noisy ones (I prefer tantalum or carbon film) :wacko:

I think TAD caps are just as good as the Sprague Atoms so take this comment with a grain of salt; but just to throw it out there; I thought it was strange that they say Spraque Atoms or TAD's... where as Spragues run $8-12 a cap and TAD's run about $2-3 a cap (again, not a big deal, just kind of struck me as odd)

I'm wanting to build a kit and this guy is kinda local, read as in Florida. I might just stick with a webber or ceritone.

Archived