Heritage Owners Club

A fun morning trek

brentrocks

The fella that bought Tom's Goldtop 140 asked me if i would take a trip down to Heritage and buy a tune-o-matic bridge and a Gotoh tailpiece for it, because he didn't like the Schaller hardware.  So i went down there this morning.  Ren greeted me at the door and i asked him if i could purchase a Nashville hardware kit for a H 140 and some cream pickup rings.  He leaves the room and came back with all the goods! ;D  I asked him how things were, he said everything was fine.  Vince walked in moments after while i was chatting with Jack, as he was repairing a Black Millie.  Vince said hi and had to rush off to grab a phone call.  Soon after that Bill brought me a receipt.  That's what i like about going down there...they are all a bunch of guys you can talk to and they are always willing to help.

I hung out in the setup room w/ Pete and Charlie for an hour or so, watching them wire up a couple really sweet hollow bodies!  It is amazing to watch them put the electronics in a hollow body, the precise moves and technique...not to put a scratch on it....working through the f-holes....that was fun to watch!!! :o ;D

I finally felt that i was getting in the way so i left.  Does anybody need anything form Heritage?....i love to go down there, pickup rings, bridge, tailpiece? ;D

Brent: I could use an ebony bridge base with a silver tune-o-matic bridge for my 575 (to replace the wooden one).  Would you really go over there and get it? 

sure!!  email me the fine details and i will call on costs and stuff.  and then i could ship it to you also.

brentrocks@aol.com

I could use an ebony bridge base with a silver tune-o-matic bridge for my 575 (to replace the wooden one).

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailp...top_Guitar.html          It's rosewood, not ebony.

i'll check on costs for ya if you want?

Sure thing! I don't know if they sell them outright, though.

...yup..!

i forgot to ask Rendal...sorry :(...i will next time i go down, i promise ;D

As the fella on whose behalf you made the trip, let me re-iterate my thanks, Brent! It's nice to know that there are places where pride in workmanship still are alive... and hopefully flourishing!

Really looking forward to getting the goldtop H-140.

Paul

i forgot to ask Rendal...sorry :(...i will next time i go down, i promise ;D

Wouldn't presume you'd run errands for me, Brent!  Posted that as sort of a joke...sort of.  But as you may recall me posting, I sure put the hard eye on all of those pics you posted from your first trip to Kalamazoo!  ....Almondburst Super with P-90's...by the way...and a 1 3/4" fretboard...Almondburst...P-90's....a Super....      ;)

Archived