Heritage Owners Club

Need Ideas from Experts

602a

Ok, as a wise man named Billy F Gibbons once said "Any man can rebuild a guitar but it's take a real man to break it then fix it" As long as there is some Thrashin goin on everything is fine" Well there is gonna be some Thrashin gonna on with this 157. The stock Schallers are not the sound I want so I'm thinking about either a Custom Custom in bridge with a APH-1 in neck or Pgates in bridge and APH-1 in neck. I will split bridge using switch already there and leave other two blank. Any suggestions?

post-2267-099298400 1291241808_thumb.jpg

The Custom Custom worked well for me in a 157 and had a nice split sound.

I'm glad you got a guitar you can live with.

I have a few I've been living with, just not all Heritages. I have a 1960 just about finished. 2 Antiquity's and wrap around Aluminum tale piece. I'll send you a photo when finished with no headstock shot.

I've had good luck with the bridge '59 and the Seth in the neck. The '59 has the low end beefy edge when pushed into overdrive through a decent amp and the clarity/balance needed at clean channel playing. The Seth in the neck gives an increased clarity in addition to the higher complex harmonics that come through. This works well to get around the often muffled/muddied response on many guitar's neck position pickups.

There are many good choices here and like dessert, it's a matter of taste and whim of the moment.

Come on guys it's going to shop tomorrow Give a brother some help!

I think you can guess my answer ....

my '86 170 with VIP went from this

Schallers with original hardware

P1010082.jpg

to this

Duncan P-Rails and new hardware

170.jpg

Each pickup has it's own three way switch for Series humbucker / P-90 / rail ( single coil). The third mini is not wired up at the moment.

I think you can guess my answer ....

my '86 170 with VIP went from this

Schallers with original hardware

P1010082.jpg

to this

Duncan P-Rails and new hardware

170.jpg

Each pickup has it's own three way switch for Series humbucker / P-90 / rail ( single coil). The third mini is not wired up at the moment.

I keep hearing more and more good things about the P Rails. How do the straight Humbucker side sound, is it beefy? I watched Duncans Video with Rails in a 170 and it sounded thin. Maybe it was the audio?

I keep hearing more and more good things about the P Rails. How do the straight Humbucker side sound, is it beefy? I watched Duncans Video with Rails in a 170 and it sounded thin. Maybe it was the audio?

Series humbucker doesn't sound thin at all, I have Duncan Seth Lovers, '59s and JBs to compare them to. Parallel humbucker mode is much thinner sounding, good for clean rhythm tones. I have P-Rails in the 170, a 535 and a Carvin CT6 and they sound different in all three guitars. The Carvin especially screams in the bridge humbucker.

Archived