Heritage Owners Club

vintage47 amps

eljay

i saw a ref to these amps not long ago on one of the guitar forums and did some checking.

http://www.vintage47amps.com/files/

i'm intrigued. i see also that talismanrich posted the website here on HOC within the last year but it's the only post that came up from my search.

anyhoo, think i might jump on a "supro comet 10."

:drunken_smilie:

I've never had the pleasure of playing the Vintage47 amps, but I do have an original 53 Valco. The Vintage 47 clips I've heard sound a whole lot like what I hear from my amp. They are used a lot by harp players who want that overdrive sound.

Mine sat in an attic for about 30 years at my parent's. Before plugging it in, I had it serviced my Terry Dobbs. Valco Amp.com

He updated the caps, changed it to a 3 wire grounded plug, changed a couple of tubes out, and checked everything out. The speaker cone was in remarkably good shape for being 50+ years old. Mine even uses the old Rola field coil speaker.

My amp is a Supreme. I think it's 12 watts. They get nice and dirty easy. No Fender cleans here. Here was my HOC track. Nothing but a stock 535, a wire and an amp.

HOC track with National Supreme

Valcos definitely have a sound all their own.

I've never had the pleasure of playing the Vintage47 amps, but I do have an original 53 Valco. The Vintage 47 clips I've heard sound a whole lot like what I hear from my amp. They are used a lot by harp players who want that overdrive sound.

Mine sat in an attic for about 30 years at my parent's. Before plugging it in, I had it serviced my Terry Dobbs. Valco Amp.com

He updated the caps, changed it to a 3 wire grounded plug, changed a couple of tubes out, and checked everything out. The speaker cone was in remarkably good shape for being 50+ years old. Mine even uses the old Rola field coil speaker.

My amp is a Supreme. I think it's 12 watts. They get nice and dirty easy. No Fender cleans here. Here was my HOC track. Nothing but a stock 535, a wire and an amp.

HOC track with National Supreme

Valcos definitely have a sound all their own.

Wow great track, nice smooth playing...

they're really well-made, etc. friend of mine went up to David Barnes' place & met with him, got the Oahu "12" 1942, has had it for maybe 2 yrs now & is real happy with it. no clean headroom to speak of in a band context for that particular model, but a gorgeous-looking & sounding amp in the home/studio. the other models are intriguing as well...

Archived