Heritage Owners Club

Solid State Conversion

tsp17

I never thought it would happen, but i am totally sold on my solid state Acoustic Image Clarus 2r SE with a Raezer's Edge Stealth Ten. The most honest, transparent, warm amplification i have ever experienced, after years of being a tube snob. Just goes to show, if you close your eyes and listen to the sound...

Highly recommended, especially for jazz boxes (i play a 575MH with a single Benedetto B6 in the neck position). I have never heard my guitar sound so alive.

Thats pretty cool! We're always chasing our "sound". It doesn't really matter where you found it - SS or Tube. Altho' to continue my own snobbery, I could see SS better in a Jazz venue that a "Rock" venue. But, I certainly wouldn't object to giving one a whirl, especially if it would reduce the weight of what I'd like to be using now.

yes, more common in jazz, but my les paul slinging classic rock and r/b son, says he really likes it too. also takes pedals well. And i can carry it in a little shoulder bag. one trip from the car to session is all it takes: guitar, amp, cab and bag with stand, books and cables. my back is very happy now after a long time moving that Twin Reverb around.

very clean, lots of headroom. one downside- no hiding behind your amp sound. you hear what you played, for better or worse.

Archived