Heritage Owners Club

To buy or not to buy.....Heritage Factory Second

Bluzman54

Guest HRB853370

But a $1500 Gibson LP still sells for $1100 or more, but a $2400 H-150 goes for $1250 to $1400....

Where do you find a new Gibson LP for $1500 (unless its a Studio model)? I bought my LP GT Standard in 2001 for exactly $1500 but that guitar today sells for about $2300 or so. I bought my 2000 H-150 brand new for $1100, but I bet I could get about what you said, $1250 to $1400 for it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HRB853370

This has probably already been said, but I want to say it my way cause that will make me feel important. :)

The answer lies in your intent. If you want a guitar you are going to play and don't have a need for it selling it later with a decent return, then the 2's or BGN's are hard to beat.

If you want a guitar that you are gonna play... or not... but also see it as an investment of some sort, then I would say stay away from these.

Kinda like having a losing hockey team in town. If you want to go see a game, and you don't really care that they lose, you just want to see a hockey game, buy the ticket. But don't invest in season tickets, cuz if you want to resell them, they won't be worth the face value you paid for them! That said, I sure wish the Thrashers weren't leaving, a losing hockey season is better than no hockey season.

Where do you find a new Gibson LP for $1500 (unless its a Studio model)? I bought my LP GT Standard in 2001 for exactly $1500 but that guitar today sells for about $2300 or so. I bought my 2000 H-150 brand new for $1100, but I bet I could get about what you said, $1250 to $1400 for it.

Its more like $1900, but with all the discounts, coupons, trade in's and such, its very possible to get a new LP for $1500... There is a Gibson LP traditional pro (Ebony) for $1899. With my 15% coupon, its down to $1600. If I trade anything in, it drops even more. Plus, many people don't do this, but when you tell them you'll buy it for $1500 out the door, chances are they will take it (From Guitar Center). They know that guitar has been hanging on the wall for way too long and will continue to do so unless they make a deal... Or I can buy the exact same guitar used from Guitar Center for $1499. Unfortunately, I think Guitar Center really drives the used guitar market. It seems to be the best place to figure out how much a piece of used gear costs...

Guest HRB853370

Its more like $1900, but with all the discounts, coupons, trade in's and such, its very possible to get a new LP for $1500... There is a Gibson LP traditional pro (Ebony) for $1899. With my 15% coupon, its down to $1600. If I trade anything in, it drops even more. Plus, many people don't do this, but when you tell them you'll buy it for $1500 out the door, chances are they will take it (From Guitar Center). They know that guitar has been hanging on the wall for way too long and will continue to do so unless they make a deal... Or I can buy the exact same guitar used from Guitar Center for $1499. Unfortunately, I think Guitar Center really drives the used guitar market. It seems to be the best place to figure out how much a piece of used gear costs...

I never shop them, in fact I go out of my way to stay away from the place. However, I did buy my 08 Trad Plus in Iced Tea Burst from a guy who got it at GC new, had it for a couple of months, and sold it to me for $1650!

Archived