Heritage Owners Club

pick up guys, help with the 140

big bob

I've decided to go Hum, Hum sized p-90 (fat cat type), hum in the 140 triple pup. what are the merits/demerits of going rwrp for the mid p-90.

Thanks

Lance.

I'm not sure how that would interact with the humbuckers surounding it (as in, not sure if it would make a difference either way)

Are you planning to have the HB's splittable as well? In that case, might be a quick trial and error to see what works out best for the P90 (just a matter of reversing the leads back and forth and see what happens)

Either way thats going to be a sweet setup!

what kind of switching setup are you going to have? I'm not very familiar with the standard 3 pickup LP style guitar. I thought it was something like Bridge, Bridge Middle, and Neck, or sometimes just bridge, middle, neck.

RWRP really won't get you anything, unless you plan on splitting the humbuckers. If it's RWRP then you can combine the middle p90 with the screw coils to get SOME hum canceling. If it's a standard p90 you can combine it with the slug coils to get SOME hum canceling. As the coil size/resistance/etc is pretty different on the HB and P-90, I'm not sure if you'll get super amounts of hum canceling.

Don't quite know if I will split the hums or not, I ordered the rio grande set.

crunch box in the bridge (16k)ceramic

fat bastard in the mid (12.5) alnico 5

genuine tx hum neck (9.0k) alnico 5

I do like the Texas in the neck of my 150-very full

And I had a Fat Bastard in a Strat. Wonderful pickup. Full, ballsy, right in your face P90 all the way. Good choice. Why not ask the boys at RG? They'll tell you how to wire 'em up.

Archived