Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Guitar Cases

Kazwell

When I bought my Heritage, the guitar shop sent it to me in a TKL case. I didn't really worry too much about it. But then I started to wonder, what company's cases does Heritage use? And also, why didn't I get one with my guitar?

Any ideas from the veteran or non veteran Heritage buyers?

Heritage uses TKL. And the really good ones, too. My two Heritage cases have TKL on the accessories leather tab. The H157 I sold to Cosm came in a TKL case and you couldn't tell it from the Millie case, except it didn't have the silk screen logo.

I think my two recent ones are TKL, but the first Heritage I bought, a H550, came with a Harptone case.  It was a used guitar, so it might have gotten separated from the original.  Decent case, comparable to TKL.

My 535's and the 445 have Heritage cases.  I have never noticed what brand they were.

The 137 from Wolfe came in an Access case.  It was such a fine case that I tracked down one for my new baby the 475. 

For the last 18 1/2 years my tom cat has slept in my case when I played.  He loves the Access case as much as my Heritage cases.  You may think I am talking out me arse, but this cat has scratched my Converse shoes all of his life but he don't like Nikes.  He knows quality.  That might just be why he likes my wife more than me.......

Leather? My tab's plastic...

Uh ..... really? I've had 3 Heritage guitars and all three were in very heavy duty, top of the line TKL cases. And (sorry), yes, leather pulls on the accessories compartment. But now we've seen Access and Harptone cases. Maybe it has to do with the style of guitar. Or even availability of the cases when an order is placed.

Jacques - what guitar's case had the plastic pull?

Jacques - what guitar's case had the plastic pull?

Both TKLs: the case for my 150 and the one for my 535, with The Heritage on the outside. Maybe they do 'em a little cheaper for Europe?

Strange, innit? The black tolex-like stuff comes off rather easily, but the cases are fine.

My 137 from Wolfe also came in an Access case.  Nicest of all the cases I have ever owned. HFB, where can you purchase these?

Cheers, Cryoman

Call Access and they will find the nearest dealer for you.  They really support the Ma & Pa stores.  Fantastic customer service!

http://www.accessbagsandcases.com/

My Heritage originally came in a TKL with red lining, no logo, and no leather. Since it was ruined I bought a replacement from Jay W. He gave me a good deal (I looked around), and shipped a new TKL with a black interior and the H logo. No leather, but it locks.

I think certain companies made a deal with Heritage and bought in bulk without heritage cases....

I think that Ed Roman, when he used to carry Heritage, would supply the case himself- hence no painted logo on the outside. He probably had a pile of them and was trying to think of ways he could make a little more profit.- that and painting pickups black on the back for an 'upgrade' of 200$

My case from Jay Wolfe for my 158 came with logo painted on outside.

I asked Bill Page why some of the cases have the Heritage name and others don't. He when they get low inventory in case they order the TLK case w/o the name because they can't wait for the custom order name to be printed/painted.

FWIW 2 of my cases have the name on them and 3 do not. 

I asked Bill Page why some of the cases have the Heritage name and others don't. He when they get low inventory in case they order the TLK case w/o the name because they can't wait for the custom order name to be printed/painted.

That confirms what I suggested to Jacques earlier.

Next I'd like to know how/why all you all can get ahold of the boys and I always get the answering machine.  :undecided:

So as far as the name on the case is concerned, if your selling your Heritage on E-Bay:

If your case has the name on it, you state in the ad that it "comes with hsc, with "Heritage" written on the case!!! Some don't have the name on them, and I don't feel they do the instrument justice.  Hey let the world know you got an orginal Heritage made in Kalamazoo!!!"

If your case doesn't have the name on it, you state in the ad, "comes with hsc, without the chessy "Heritage" written on the case. I was lucky enough not to have it written on the case as I don't feel they do the instrument justice. I prefer to leave some mystery surrounding it's contents just in case a would be thief is lurking about at my gig."

This covers both bases for a potential seller.....

My millie has a bizarro case. It's a semi-hard case. It works fine and protects the guitar but it's basically made of canvas or nylon stuff. It has a zipper that goes all around it and a lid that flips up like a hardshell, just it's, well, not hard. It says heritage as well. I was pretty dissappointed when the box arrived and I pulled out this "case". The guitar inside made it worthwhile. I can get pics if nobody else has ever seen one of these contraptions. It's not a gig bag. It's not a HSC. It's pretty damn chessy.

My millie has a bizarro case. It's a semi-hard case. It works fine and protects the guitar but it's basically made of canvas or nylon stuff. It has a zipper that goes all around it and a lid that flips up like a hardshell, just it's, well, not hard. It says heritage as well. I was pretty dissappointed when the box arrived and I pulled out this "case". The guitar inside made it worthwhile. I can get pics if nobody else has ever seen one of these contraptions. It's not a gig bag. It's not a HSC. It's pretty damn chessy.

Need to see the chessy bizarro case AND the Millie.

Archived