Heritage Owners Club

1998 H-150 Seymour Duncan

ryanougrad

Hello Heritage Owners and lovers. I just purchased a 98 VSB 150 and pulled out the pups to see which model of Duncans it had in it. However, the pickup is only labeled Seymour Duncan and there is no other info on the pups. Now I am sure it is possible to do a serial number search on the Duncan site, but I just strung the guitar without writing down the number.

So, what Duncans were loaded in back in 98?

I know, pics, they will come when I have the chance.

Did you look under the control cavity cover to see if that info is written on the sticker?  You can also send an email to Ren at Heritage with the serial number and he can tell you.

By the way,  :this_thread_is_useless_withou.

Don't know how you'd find out the model without knowing the serial or model number from the pup.  Wingnut's suggestions are probably the best bet.  I know that they put StagMag's in the 170SDSM, but nto sure what they put in 150SD.  Maybe '59s?  But, that's just a stab in the dark.

Are the pickup leads single or 4 conductor? If they have a single conductor then they're SH-1s' (Model '59s). All the other Duncan humbuckers have 4 conductor leads. The only exceptions being Antiquities and Seth Lovers. I doubt very much they would be either of those seeing as they come with covers on them. One last note would be (if they have single conductors), check on the back of the pickup to see if there is any wax. If so you have '59s, I'd wager that is what you have in there. Sorry to ramble on like that!  :)

Archived