Heritage Owners Club

Fender Supersonic 22

tsp17

I've played through the Supersonic 60 and liked it. Very clean, classic fender, but highly versatile. Fat option gives a nice mid boost on the "vintage" channel (which i liked since it has no mid control on the vintage channel). Good overdrive options, clear and defined even when driven hard. I see they have a new 22 watt version, anybody own one or demo'd?

The super sonic is a Fender Deluxe Reverb with the tremolo circuit removed and an overdrive circuit installed.... I only wish the local GC had one in stock to try out.... It appears to be a great amp, but appearences can be deceiving...

Isn't that the one when it came out that was supposed to be a Deluxe Reverb on one side, 59 Bassman on the other? Had one for a week. ............ wasn't impressed.

That's the much larger models. They have a 60 and 100 watt model...

Never even seen one in person (the blonde/oxblood sure does look SEXY though)....sadly, I've heard (may be wrong) that the reverb is SS driven, which is a bit of a bummer.

Reverb is long spring i believe.

That's the much larger models. They have a 60 and 100 watt model...

Really? Aren't those the newer models? Not really sure since I don't follow that amp. Just found the one I had to be lackluster on both channels. Nothing special about it. Wasn't a Deluxe, sure wasn't Bassman. Kinda thought it was the 22w version, too. Maybe it was the 60w. Which was first?

Really? Aren't those the newer models? Not really sure since I don't follow that amp. Just found the one I had to be lackluster on both channels. Nothing special about it. Wasn't a Deluxe, sure wasn't Bassman. Kinda thought it was the 22w version, too. Maybe it was the 60w. Which was first?

The 22 is the latest Supersonic.... The 100w combo and head came out first. Then 60w head and combo in 2006. This came out around July of last year.

Here's a good review on it with demo clips.

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/2010/Jul/Fender_Super_Sonic_22_Combo_Amp_Review.aspx

The 22 is the latest Supersonic.... The 100w combo and head came out first. Then 60w head and combo in 2006. This came out around July of last year.

Here's a good review on it with demo clips.

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/2010/Jul/Fender_Super_Sonic_22_Combo_Amp_Review.aspx

i played through one recently..it was ok..I like my little C-30 a lot better..I've never had much success coaxing that good ol pre-amp overdrive out of a Fender amp..i guess they are really not made to do that.. On my C-30 I just dime the pre, set the level to match the clean channel, and RAWK!! :diablo_mini:

Just watched a pair of vids on Youtube with the new Supersonic Twin. There are some amazing innovations on that amp for sure! The amp actually checks your tubes when you turn them on plus you have a push button control to run them hot, cold, or normal. Not to mention a laundry list of other features I've never seen before!

Archived