Heritage Owners Club

New Delay- Deltalab DD1

Ok, so I'm down right thrifty, frugal, or otherwise just a cheap bastard. Can't help it. Anyway, I bought a new Deltalab DD1 Digital Delay from Guitar Center for $50 out the door (There is a coupon on the website for $10 off anything above $49 today only!). I tried it for a while and I rather like it. I'm not a heavy delay user, I just like a little splash when playing a solo. Does anyone else have this particular pedal or tried it? I'm a little curious to see what anyone else thinks about it.

After going to dinner last night, picking out and installing new blinds, I didn't get much of a chance to mess with this pedal. I did find a setting from youtube I cannot wait to try tonight. I'm going to turn the Time to almost max and turn the repeats down to nothing. That should give me the delay lead tone I'm looking for. Unfortunately, this pedal only has a 325 milisecond delay, so there won't be any U2 out of this, but it works for what I want.

After going to dinner last night, picking out and installing new blinds, I didn't get much of a chance to mess with this pedal. I did find a setting from youtube I cannot wait to try tonight. I'm going to turn the Time to almost max and turn the repeats down to nothing. That should give me the delay lead tone I'm looking for. Unfortunately, this pedal only has a 325 milisecond delay, so there won't be any U2 out of this, but it works for what I want.

I've got one, and I like it for some slapback effect. DeltaLab Pedals are True Bypass pedals, for those that care. Like you, I don't use delay to great effect (haha), and it's a good Delay for not much money. Downside, it doesn't have a tap tempo, so that may be a dealbreaker for many.

I'm still using an Ibanez digital delay, it's the weakest link on my board but it's still very effective. I'm still working on getting a Strymon Blue Sky reverberator and that might replace it since I tend to use it more for an echo/reverb than a delay, but when I get the blue sky I'll probably be playing something with a timed delay in it and still need it, then I will need another pedal to replace the Ibanez, then I will need a flanger to play a certain song, then i will need..................

I've viewed Premier Guitar's pedal board gallery a few times, the most commone delay pedal on almost every board that uses delay is this one:

238915.jpg

Line 6's DL4. Very expensive for a pedal, but it seems to be one of the best out there.

It also takes up a ton of space, not ideal when space is limited. And it's heavy. But yeah, I see that pedal on tons of boards when watching other bands in the area. Even had a couple of guitar players sitting in with us that used it. I'd have to check this statement to ensure it's still true (too lazy, tho'), but I believe they also use their own dedicated power supply. Not ideal to me. Then again, with what I've spent on delay/echo pedals in the past few years I could have gotten one of these and probably had all of those pedals modeled right here.

It also takes up a ton of space, not ideal when space is limited. And it's heavy. But yeah, I see that pedal on tons of boards when watching other bands in the area. Even had a couple of guitar players sitting in with us that used it. I'd have to check this statement to ensure it's still true (too lazy, tho'), but I believe they also use their own dedicated power supply. Not ideal to me. Then again, with what I've spent on delay/echo pedals in the past few years I could have gotten one of these and probably had all of those pedals modeled right here.

Between the price and the size, I've never considered one. When I've seen those huge pedals in the used gear case, I always thought they were really old pedals from 20 years ago. Not something still made today. In fact, they are roughly the size of most multi-effects pedals out there.

I know what it's capable of but in the end most of us find one or two settings on a pedal we need or like, and don't do much tweaking after that. Pedals like the dl4 are too big, heavy and complicated to use on the fly, at least for me. About the only thing I tweak in a show is volume/ gain, and I have marks on my pedals to give me a starting point, the rest is just adjusting for the room.

Would maybe be great for a studio though.

I can understand why some artists have more than one delay now. The DD1 is great for lead tones. But having a longer delay for other stuff would be great to have on the board. My next purchase is going to be a fuzz pedal of some sort. Thinking about a VS Angry Fuzz.

Archived