Heritage Owners Club

NPD

I had a Delta Labs DD1, but its delay was so short, there wasn't much I could do with it. Trying to figure out how to use a Flanger and Delay together. I was able to record a little bit at KBP810's Cave of Tone, but he's got the recordings tucked away somewhere....

While I like delay when it's used right, I find myself using it less and less for some reason. Most of my pedal usage lately has been about an even split between Direct Drive, The Rat, the wah, with the Ocd being on(low gain) for nearly every song. I also use the Trem quite a bit for CCR songs and we seem to be doing a lot of CCR songs at the moment.

I think the only song I've been using the delay for is Comfortably Numb.

Delay for me is sort of how Joe Bonamassa uses it. Part of the lead tones. I have yet to try it on my own gear as I was too busy last night to get it going. I'm not trying to do some crazy U2 cascading arpeggios, just add a little color to lead tones.

What's the diff between the DD7 and your DD3 delay? I've read that the DD3 is the preferred one. Is it that it has analog tone?

The DD3 is much, much older. As the DD implies, its a Digital Delay, however, The DD3 only goes up to 800 ms. The DD7 goes up to 6.4 seconds, stereo output, tap tempo, analog mode of the old DD2, controllable with the Boss expression pedal, has a modulate (chorus) effect, and a few other things.

Basically, the DD7 is the latest and greatest, the DD3 is the time tested go to pedal. Keeley offers a mod to the DD3 to have an analog setting as well. DD3 is still made today but the newer models are not modifiable.

Archived