Heritage Owners Club

Hertiage Pickup Rings?

pushover

So I've got a set of 59's on the way for my H-157.. Despite everyone's suggestions from this list and some professional therapy I couldn't make the Schallers work for me. Possibly the key words are "for me".

When I put the new PU's in I was going to put some new PU rings in. From browsing past messages on this list, I've seen peope saying that standard g-word PU rings will fit in some postings, and in others I've heard people say that the stock rings are a different size and the holes don't line up.

So which is it? Let us know your experiences

Just took out the Schaller 3 hole rings and put in 1 hole Gibby style and they lined up perfect.

ordered mine from stew mac. one hole, it was easy to drill two more for the schallers, if you Don't need to, bully for you.

the replacement rings from stew mac are not rounded at the bottom for an arched top guitar so you will need to round them to fit.

I also used a set of g-word rings for my milli and even though they were rounded they did not seat well so had to change the arch, it was no big deal took around 15 min's and I was gabbing with the wife while I did it.

good luck and make sure you post  Pict's and sound files.

There are about six kinds of humbucker pickup rings: there are three heights and then each of these can be had in either flat or curved base.  I've always found that standard-issue pickup rings work fine, if you get the right kind.  StewMac or Allparts are the usual sources fo this.

How is the color of the creme Allparts rings?  I'm looking for some that are less brown than my stock Heritage rings, and not as pink as the Dimarzio ones I'm using now.  I guess I'd like them similar to the creme of the binding.  Thanks.

Nice looking guitar big bob.  Yeah, those rings are the same pinkish hue mine are.  I had some other ones which were less pink, but they were too low.  I was looking at some Gibson Historic ones that were on clearance, but they are too brown.  The rings on vintage Gibsons seem more of an off- white, I don't know why no one makes them like that.

take the pinkish ones and the brownish ones and leave them on the dashboard of your car for a couple of months...

that might fade them just right.

GREAT TIP  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

take the pinkish ones and the brownish ones and leave them on the dashboard of your car for a couple of months...

Wouldn't they warp in the hot sun like that?

Wouldn't they warp in the hot sun like that?

there is only one way to find out.

now if your scared of the plastic melting all over the dash, you could leave them in a glass of bleach over night,

OK, just for you guys at the H.O.C. I have an extra set of stew mac cream rings that I purchased in hopes they would not be as pinkish as the all parts ones, and of course they were, that I will leave in a glass of bleach over night.

Photo's and sound clips to follow.

I left the rings in swimming pool chlorine, (12.5 % chlorine ) as compaired with bleach (2.5% chlorine),for 5 hours.

NO change at all. 

I'd post picts, but  why...

next experiment, spray paint (the kind desinged for plastic parts)

Archived