Heritage Owners Club

Help With Market Value? Unique Lefty Heritage Guitar

dblazer

Hello Heritage fans, I know that this probably belongs in the "For Sale" section, but due to the circumstances I'm asking for a little forbearance from the "brotherhood".

I've been having some health issues, and I'm facing losing my (very good) job for something less. I'm trying to consolidate my resources and make sure there's money here in case wife gets left without me.

So, with that as setup, I'm contemplating selling my 1995 Heritage H-140 10th Anniversary model, informally established as the ONLY left handed one of one hundred. I talked to Ren Wall and a couple of the other guys who were in the room on the phone a few years ago and got that info at that time.

To be frank, I want to get as much for it as I can, but don't want to pick a stupid number out either. I also want to offer it here first, I haven't been here an enormous amount, but have enjoyed lurking around and seeing everybody having fun with my favorite guitars.

So, what do you think? Beautiful to behold, probably unique, and it will probably increase in value. It's got the Seymour/Seth PAF's, ebony board, etc. It's got a 'belly cut' like a Strat, and plays like a dream, currently set up with Power Slinky .11-.48's.

I thought I'd be buried with this one, but that's not always a practical decision.

There are more pictures of it in the gallery section.

Anybody got a feel for the deal?

Thanks all.

gallery_139_20_70241.jpg

DBlazer~ First of all, sorry to hear about the job situation. Hopefully there will be something good to come of it at some point. All the best to you on that issue.

Secondly, as to the value of your amazing 140, that may be tough. However it might help as a starting point if we imagined that was a right handed 10th anniversary custom 140, with choice woods, etc. Then one could adjust for the lefty factor. As a righty, I'd say it would be worth around $1,700+/-. As a lefty, I couldn't tell ya.

You might also check with a few of the dealers that specialize in lefty Heritage guitars like Jerry's. He's a member here.

You could also toss it onto Ebay with a $1,700 reserve and see what the market does.

Finally, you could also keep it an sell something else. That's what I'd do with such a special piece as yours. Good luck on all counts.

Wow! That is a beauty! I'm a lefty and am looking for a 140, but I think you should try to get what it's worth. (couldn't affort $1700). Good luck to ya!

Btw, what does it weigh?

Depends on how fast you want to sell it. I have found in the past that heritages arnt always an easy sell. Limited customer base. It's definetally a beauty!!! Throw it on ebay with a low starting bid, in the end, the auction will dictate it's value. good luck and sorry about the job situation, wish you the best.

Thanks to everybody who commented, both here and in private messages. I figure that somewhere there's a lefty Heritage collector that will want it, as has been said it's just a matter of being patient and waiting it out.

I sold the H-137 in the photo to the left for $1,400 to somebody in Germany. A fair price, but with the upgrades (inlaid, bound ebony fingerboard, 'burst finish) I had hoped for a little more.

The market decides, for sure. I'll probably start on e-Bay and troll for somebody with money, no offense to any wealthy, left handed Heritage fans out there, of course ! ! !

Archived