Heritage Owners Club

Another introduction...

GuitArtMan

You guys may know me as Trebor Renkluaf over at TGP - that's because GuitArtMan got banned, doh!!!  Anyway, I'm a confirmed Heritageaholic.  Here's pics of my current three beauties, all purchased from Wolfe Guitars:

H-535 Special in Antique Natural - purchased Christmas 2005:

width=600 height=450http://home.san.rr.com/renkluaf/335_front.jpg[/img]

What makes it special?  Super flamed maple, duh, Duncan Antiquities, TonePros bridge and tail piece, Sperzel tuners, bound peg head.  It's bassically a 20th anniversay without the 20th anniversary emblem.

H-137 Second Edition in Walnut - purchased Christmas 2005:

width=284 height=480http://home.san.rr.com/renkluaf/Tweed.jpg[/img]

The second one made.  I wanted the burst Jay had at the time (the third one made) untill he told me this one was about a half pound lighter (he knows I like light guitars).  I won't bore you with the details as you buys already know, only to say this has probably the best clean sustain of any guitar I have owned.  Sorry for the horrible photo.

H-535 in Dark Almond Burst - Purcahsed spring 2007:

width=600 height=450http://home.san.rr.com/renkluaf/535_front.jpg[/img]

What can I say?  I'm a sucker for flamey 535s...  :D

I've always like the looks of the plaintops with just a bit of flame or curl in them.  The 10-tops or 5A or whatever the other builders call them are interesting, but even my wife says they get 'distracting' and look too busy. 

I've always like the looks of the plaintops with just a bit of flame or curl in them.  The 10-tops or 5A or whatever the other builders call them are interesting, but even my wife says they get 'distracting' and look too busy. 

one thing i like especially about heritage guitars are some of the unusual figured tops. wood (esp. maple) has a lot of nice structures besides flames ( i really like flames  :), but when it´s "overdone",  it looks artifical to me ) and i appreciate it, if i see, that a guitar is made from wood.

arndt

Is the top on that natural 535 all one piece?  If it's book matched, I can't see a seam!  :o  Forget the drool smiley, I need a 'falling off my chair' smiley.  :D

Yes it's a 1 piece top.  I thought one piece tops on 535s was the rule, not the exception.  Am I wrong?

Yes it's a 1 piece top.  I thought one piece tops on 535s was the rule, not the exception.  Am I wrong?

I had no idea that the 535s were one piece tops.  I think my evil plan to buy a 150 has just changed to an evil plan to buy a 535.  Now I'm going to have to try and find one with a mildly figured top over nice cross-grain that won't require me to sell one of my sons into slavery. 

Archived