Heritage Owners Club

Delta 2x10 and DMB Cosmic Crunch Demo

knopfler74

Hi all,

Snow day today, so I don't have to be Mr. Lawson, I can just be Matt for the day. In honor of said freedom from Responsibility I decided to post a little demo of a pedal I kind of dig, and also may be of some use to those of you that have ultra clean amps.

The pedal is a DMB Cosmic Crunch - Made in the USA by a small company $100 yeah, only 1 bone!

Anyway the three examples that follow were recorded with the following set up

Heritage 157 with Seth Lovers

Peavey Delta Blues 2x10 with Eminence Ram Rod Speakers

Audio Technica 2020 condenser mic

Pro Tools Mbox 2

Pro tools LE software.

No EQ, NO fx, No compression etc...

The first example is just the amp with no pedal engaged

The second is with the pedal engaged and its "cut" feature on - this smooths out the highs and mids and reduces the gain of the pedal somewhat

The third example is with the pedal on and its "Boost" feature engaged. This boosts mids and highs and obviously as a result, gives you more gain.

This pedal is a good solution for those of us that have very clean amps that want and "edge of breakup" sound without melting our faces of with volume to get it.

I hope you enjoy the clips. They appear in three posts due to file upload size limits

Delta no DMB.mp3

Thanks! Yeah, just the clean channel with the DMB set something like this...

Oh, and the amp settings are pretty 12 o'clockish, a little backed off on the bass, a hair boosted in the mids, and a hair backed off on the highs..

post-5571-0-45103600-1327674393_thumb.jpg

Detroit,

I noticed on your info that is says you need a MIA strat. I've attached a pic of a Warmoth Strat I built this fall for a total of about $750, and it's WAY better than any of the MIA strats I've had. You should build one, dude! Way fun, and a lot less bread....

Here are the specs on it.

Alder body

Ice Blue finish

Maple neck...around .835 at first fret (think 63 strat neck)

2 3/16 spaced vintage full block trem

kluson tuners

Dimarzio are pups with 7 way push pull wiring so I can do tele sounds as well

post-5571-0-11436000-1327674850_thumb.jpg

Sure, how dirty do you want the dirty channel? Same as the DMB was set with clean, or do you want the dirty channel AND the DMB together?

Here's the clip you asked for. Dirty channel on the delta. Pre set to a hair under 3 and post set to 6. I whacked a couple of chords after the clip in order to show why I got this pedal and don't use the dirty channel...I don't like the compression at the start of chords or heavily picked single note lines on the dirty channel of the Delta. You'll also hear a HUGE difference in sound quality on the clean channel with the pedal as opposed to the dirty channel. Hope this helps

Delta Dirty Channel.mp3

LMAO...yeah, I knew the compression thing when I bought it, and that's why I searched for a pedal that would give me that just broken up sound with the clean channel. I am; however, having KBP build me an amp right now, and then I should have that sound only better, and with no pedals!

LMAO...yeah, I knew the compression thing when I bought it, and that's why I searched for a pedal that would give me that just broken up sound with the clean channel. I am; however, having KBP build me an amp right now, and then I should have that sound only better, and with no pedals!

You won't be disappointed in his amp. I had one, but I regrettably sold it, still kick myself for doing that....

Thanks for the clip. I guess the honeymoon stage for the Deltablues is over because I've been wondering about it's "dirty" channel. Never realized it was compression I was having an issue with... Off the Guitar Center for lunch then...

So, did you end up getting a screamer yesterday?

I wanted to post a link to the DMB pedal website and post another little clip of the pedal doing something touch sensitive, so I've attached a clip of me goofing off and playing "The Funeral" by by Band of Horses.

Same set up as before, and the pedal is on the whole time. I added reverb via a hardwire RV7 pedal and some trueverb plug in with protools. I also added a slight stereo delay to the crunchy part and took most of the verb off of that part so it didn't color the sound.

One additional note: In order to keep the clip as simple as possible I shortened the form slightly from the original song and I left out the overdubbed or "doubled" sound of the original guitar lick so you can hear the pedal and the amp more clearly. Oh, and I'm not messing with the volume knob on the git...it's just pick attack and strumming etc...

enjoy

http://dmbpedals.com/

The Funeral Shorter Clip.mp3

I went out and bought a Digitech Bad Monkey. Its a highly under appreciated overdrive pedal. Very close to a tube screamer and sounds better than a Boss DS1. I had one before and regretted letting it go. Haven't tried it yet, but I'll give it a whirl later today. Why didn't you use the amp's reverb?

Bought the Bad Monkey on Friday and found it to be rather useful and have a better crunch tone for playing blues over the dirty channel on the DeltaBlues.... Haven't tried high volumes, but the weight/size of the amp is starting to bother me a bit....

Archived