Heritage Owners Club

Fractal Axe Fx

Guest HRB853370

I would like to make a small observation here, and it doesn't just relate to this board.

A disproportionately large number of posts/opinions about the Axe-Fx are being made by people who have little or no actual experience with the machine.

These opinions IMO are based on many different things from past experiences with 'other modelers' to tube vs SS arguments and every other empty headed worthless argument I've heard about this technology.

Just do yourself a favor and at least do the research before you speak because in this day and age your only hurting yourself by being so set in your ways as to not be forward looking/thinking.

I know for a fact it's not going to be everyones cup of tea, 'NOTHING IS' but at the same time I really don't get the vitriol that surrounds gear of this nature, especially when it promises to drag even guitar players into the 21st century.

'soap box vacated'

I would like to make a small observation here, and it doesn't just relate to this board.

A disproportionately large number of posts/opinions about the Axe-Fx are being made by people who have little or no actual experience with the machine.

These opinions IMO are based on many different things from past experiences with 'other modelers' to tube vs SS arguments and every other empty headed worthless argument I've heard about this technology.

Just do yourself a favor and at least do the research before you speak because in this day and age your only hurting yourself by being so set in your ways as to not be forward looking/thinking.

I know for a fact it's not going to be everyones cup of tea, 'NOTHING IS' but at the same time I really don't get the vitriol that surrounds gear of this nature, especially when it promises to drag even guitar players into the 21st century.

'soap box vacated'

Ok, so, I can't have an opinion on a piano player because I don't play piano? Believe me, there are plenty of valid opinions that can be had without hands on experience. I am lucky enough to have a number of friends and aquaintences (unfortunately live too far from me) from whom I'd get everything from dry solo tracks to off the board mixes previous to release as everywhere from a teaser to wanting some friendly advice on where to go with a tune or something. Those friends have increasingly been going Axe-FX. Some of them won't ever. None the less, I'd say that experience has given me a solid handle on the quality of tone the Axe-FX is capable of. Now, I couldn't give advice on how it works... on just how easy or difficult it is or isn't to use or how it reacts as an amp might when you are the one playing it. That, I have had to rely on those same friends. With the number of opinions I have received, and my respect for what they do, I can't say I have a reasonable enough feel for what it is like to play it while, you are right, experience would tell me the rest of the story. But as far as quality of tone, I stand by I need never see an Axe-FX in person to have an opinion of what it is capable of tone-wise. So.. we will continue to differ there.

But... i hope in the next year I will have the rest of the story and own an Axe-Fx. It is that invalid opinion of mine that has led me to believe that the Axe-Fx is where I want to go. ;)

Archived