Heritage Owners Club

Pedalboard power supply advice please

tsp17

Makes sense, most of the doubling cables I've seen are sold so you can power an 18volt pedal from a 9volt supply. I was afraid if you weren't sure about what you are doing you were headed down a bad road! I still don't think you need it though, I've seen lots of Morley wahs run off standard power supplies like the Pedal Power and T-Rex without any doubler, and also pedals that probably have a higher actual current draw than the wah. Also, Tully said he uses the Fuel Tank Jr. and if I remember right I think he uses a bad horsie.

I may be a maroon, but I don't even read my pedals, I plug em in, and if they light up I use em..Doh!! Haven't fried anything yet though..

I may be a maroon, but I don't even read my pedals, I plug em in, and if they light up I use em..Doh!! Haven't fried anything yet though..

If you run a12 or 18 volt pedal at 9 volts, it would probably be fine, might not sound quite right like a weak battery, but I don't think it would hurt anything, otherwise a battery would damage the pedal as it ran down. Running 9 volt pedals at higher voltages might cause a problem, depending on the pedal. I have a couple pedals that are rated from 9 to 18 volts, running them at 18 volts seems to give more headroom and glass, at nine volts it seems like you can drive them harder at lower volumes. I suspect many 9 volt pedals would be safe to operate at higher voltages but would not Have the desired sound and effect at higher voltages, and I have seen some pedals that warn explicitly against running higher voltages, and mixing AC and DC current is probably a bad idea as well.

Delay is a very usable effect that kind find a place in all types of music. I use an I banez Tone Lok but there are better delays at reasonable prices like the Carbon Copy.

ordered a Carbon Copy today.

board.jpg

This is the most recent pic I have, I replaced the crybaby with a Wilson wah and changed the order a bit but using this basic setup.

Hey, Trouble. I just noticed you have a pick holder on your board. That's a great idea!

Hey, Trouble. I just noticed you have a pick holder on your board. That's a great idea!

I know this is redneck but I actually have a snuff can velcroed to it now to hold picks, it's bigger!

I'll try to get the wife to take a pic of the board tommorrow, it always bugs me when I see pedalboards on forums that are pristine and look unused, mine is filthy!

I use this one:

http://www.godlyke.com/power-all/power-all-digital-power-supplies/power-all-basic-kit-au-style-plug

If you have a bigger board, you can buy this one:

http://www.godlyke.com/power-all/power-all-digital-power-supplies/power-all-deluxe-kit

I almost tried every other power supply.

They are big, chunky and heavier than this.

Power-all is very well made, works like a charm.

I hate to post this because I have some new toys coming, but I'm not sure the snuff can will have a spot when the new stuff gets here so here are a couple pics Koula.

This is pretty much the same setup as the other pic just re arranged. This rig actually gets used!

DSC_0001.jpg

and

DSC_0003-2.jpg

This is pretty much the same setup as the other pic just re arranged. This rig actually gets used!

DSC_0001.jpg

What is that rubber thing on the knob of the phase 90? I got an MXR Distortion + and it came with those, but no indication of what they were for. DO they make it easier to turn the knobs with your shoes?

What is that rubber thing on the knob of the phase 90? I got an MXR Distortion + and it came with those, but no indication of what they were for. DO they make it easier to turn the knobs with your shoes?

Yeah they do, but once you put them on it's hard to get them off. I'm sure you could find them on Ebay.

• 2 weeks later...

chorus might be next. there is still space on the board! last night at the gig, the Valve Job was perfect for 2d chorus of solos on Song for My Father, Footprints and Stolen Moments. Delay was great on Maiden Voyage.

Note the Steiner GT pedal couplers in the mix! they are great. That is also a GT cable going into the Boss TU-2.

I hate to post this because I have some new toys coming, but I'm not sure the snuff can will have a spot when the new stuff gets here so here are a couple pics Koula.

DSC_0001.jpg

and

DSC_0003-2.jpg

Oh yeah! I see the snuff can! Cool as a redneck can be! :D

here is how it looks now:

IMG_0756.jpg

Sweet looking board! Now, if you wanted to make more room on it, you could take the tuner off, and put the chorus there, get one of those clip-on tiny tuners.

Oh yeah! I see the snuff can! Cool as a redneck can be! :D

Over the last couple weeks I've been trying new stuff and different placements for stuff, and now I'm thinking I'm going to build a new board alittle smaller. But so far the snuff can is still there!

Archived