Heritage Owners Club

NAD HP Deluxe from Steve Clark at Sligo Amps

nicknickhall

Trust me- my ears would not know the difference, if there was one.

I guess once I get a boutique guitar, I can join the boutique amp club!

I'm not picking on you Slammer, I really don't have any experience with the Deluxe, original or re issue, but when they came out with the Super Reverb reissue I was stoked, I thought it would be great to have one to gig as opposed to the original. I tried it out, and it sounded good, but not like my '66 at all, and I passed on it.

so i went to you tube and listened to gearmandude's shootout of his Luther Drive v. the signa drive and the cmat pedal ate the Luther's lunch...

Yes, it sound good, and doesn't seem to color the tone of the amp -which is what I wanted for this pedal. Maybe it's blissfull ignorance, bu I really don't think I'm missing anything by not having the amp cranked and pushing the speaker through an attenuator.

• 1 month later...

Still getting to know this amp with my guitars, but so far so good. It keeps delite-ing me with great sounds. Gives each of my guitars a unique voice. The reverb and the trem are ridiculous. This is certainly a subjective thing. I grew up with this sound and it's always in my head. Fender clean with reverb, with trem, with a little bit of dirt when I want it. Plus it's quiet on standby and a nice little space heater.

lots of contentment in your post nicknick; soothing for me after a long day. custom made amps rule!

I have been playing a AB763 based amp made by David Allen (http://www.allenamps.com/) for the last 4 years. It is a bit different than yours in that Dave has deviated from the original Deluxe Reverb in both the EQ section and has added some extra controls. The amp is very much in the flavor of a Deluxe Reverb. I found that investing into NOS pre-amp and power amp tubes a worthwhile investment. I also found that trying different speakers improved things as well.

Enjoy your new amp.

Bob

head.jpg?t=1333446114

PairofBlondes.jpg

Archived