Heritage Owners Club

My Heritage 550

Heritage525

I wanted to share pics of my 550 that I have had for about 2 years.  First of all let me say that this is NOT a jazz guitar for me.  Although I can easily dial in a jazzy tone, I do not use it for that.  This is a roots rock machine!  I changed out the pups to SD Pearly Gates and coil tapped them.  The pups sound fantastic, just the right amout of high end for roots rock stuff, country twang.  With the pups in a single coil position (I did a push/pull tops on the tone) I can get a nice "strat-like tone", very useful.  To cut back on feedback, I had a guitar tech install a sound post inside the guitar's body.  Simply a ebony stick direcly under the bridge, connecting the top and back of the guitar.  Cuts back on any feedback problems.  This is an old Gretsch trick!

width=359 height=480http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa244/gretschrhh/June110.jpg[/img]

width=600 height=449http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa244/gretschrhh/June111.jpg[/img]

Exquisite box '525...exquisite!  I'll be doing similar material on my Super Eagle.  I'm not worried about feedback, but it's good to know how to manage it, and there is a variety of ways.  I like the idea of the soundpost.  Functional, simple, and not outside the bounds of tradition.  Thanks for sharing your experience.

Yos,  I was really surprised at how little the Super Eagle feeds back.  I take the usual precautions (amp off the floor, stand with the amp on the neck side, shun the drummer), but even when I haven't there have been no problems.  Yeah, I know a jazz gig is softer, but even when playing loud it really hasn't been that big a deal.  I'd hold off on any mods to see if you actually have any issues.

I had slight feedback problems, nothing that I could not control, but I figured a sound post was a easly safe mode.  It is not glued or secured any way, simply held in with pressure.  I could remove it very easily.  I did however, cure the small amout of feedback I was having with my band.

Although I can easily dial in a jazzy tone, I do not use it for that.  This is a roots rock machine!

I do the same with my H575. No jazz for me; it's only rock 'n' roll, baby!

Archived