Heritage Owners Club

A little pedal board modification...

Although I'm using the Gig Rig Remote Loopy 2 for chorus and delay with the Ceriatone's FX loop, I still have the Pedaltrain Junior with a bunch of effects that I'd use with a combo (the Mesa Maverick, Seymour Duncan Convertible or Fender Blues Junior). After a bit of thought (quite a lot actually) I came up with a way of modifying the board so that I can have the chorus/delay etc. either straight after the wah/overdrive (for an amp without an FX loop, like the Blues Junior) or in the FX loop (the Maverick or the Seymour).

All you need is a 4-pole double-throw toggle switch, six jack sockets and a pedal-sized case. The attachments show the actual switching box, a simple wiring diagram and finally the complete board.

The order of effects is tuner -> wah -> Deja-vibe -> Zendrive 2 -> switching box -> tremolo -> chorus -> volume pedal -> delay -> switching box (again) - amplifier input.

If not using the FX loop, the box is switched to "direct", so that the Zendrive is connected to the tremolo and the delay is connected to the amp input.

If using the FX loop, the switch connects the Zendrive to the amp input, the FX "send" connects to the tremolo, and the delay is connected to the FX "return".

Amazingly, it works!

post-1813-0-40501900-1332350967_thumb.jpg

post-1813-0-36664100-1332350984_thumb.jpg

post-1813-0-27243300-1332351040_thumb.jpg

Archived