Heritage Owners Club

the duck has landed

big bob

as many of you have figured out I purchased Brent's Stat Deluxe, and let me tell you this duck does not disappoint.

The rail coils Quack like a duck, and the hum is big and full. A tone report will be filed as soon as I have had some time with it.

Let the pimping begin...

stat dl 005.jpg

stat dl 005.jpg_thumb

stat dl 025.jpg

stat dl 025.jpg_thumb

as many of you have figured out I purchased Brent's Stat Deluxe, and let me tell you this duck does not disappoint.

The rail coils Quack like a duck, and the hum is big and full. A tone report will be filed as soon as I have had some time with it.

Let the pimping begin...

Let me think ...

EMG active pickups

Floyd Rose

Dayglo pink and green stripe paint job

Cubic zirconium block inlays

or maybe a new set of strings and some guitar polish  ;D

Looks like a great guitar bob, have fun with it  :wink:

Do you get unwanted feedback from the humbucker, Bob?

I did, so I put in Alnico II Pros (Seymour Duncan) in my VIP2 Heritage (which may not be the right pickup for a STAT). I find the Schaller single coils excellent.

If your Stat would have had a tremolo I would have envied you even more than I already do...

Cheers, dude!

the humbucker is a duncan 59, I was thinking about taking off the cover but for now it stays.

Have not had any unwanted feedback yet, only have about 1hr through the amp though.

as for the trem I am going to try a no drill trem on it and see how it works,(not holding my breath)

wish I didn't have to go to work today.

do any of you experts know if the nut on a stat is flat at the bottom, -looks like it is...

the humbucker is a duncan 59,

oooh, I thought it was a Schaller of the same type Heritage was using on a couple of the older guitars from the eighties...

they weren't that good, you see

now with a '59 you must be the luckyest bob in the world

you're right to go for a trem - it will make this guitar sing and lure all the young girls from the hood to Uncle Bob's window

you're going for the one you showed us in the other post? I'm very curious to hear what it does for ya and how easy it installs

Don't do it, man!  Don't drill her!.  Leave the guitar a virgin and keep the sustain.  Swap to a APH1-b Alnico II Pro bridge and Antiquity Texas Hots.  You won't regret it.

c:temppic20080529_0011a.jpg

whaooo... wait just one moment ... no one said drill

the les trem is a NO Drill trem

but thanks for your support

so - that must have been an easy job!

The part with the spring: didn't you have to drill a hole in the body for that? It seems to me that somehow there has to be a steady base for it to keep it from slipping sideways... And -if no drilling- wouldn't the 'base' where it rests on the body damage the laquer?

Last question: did it affect the sound (tone, sustain)?

so - that must have been an easy job!

The part with the spring: didn't you have to drill a hole in the body for that? It seems to me that somehow there has to be a steady base for it to keep it from slipping sideways... And -if no drilling- wouldn't the 'base' where it rests on the body damage the laquer?

Last question: did it affect the sound (tone, sustain)?

No drill, the base is supported by the stop tail piece poles.  the spring has a pad under it and just rests on the wood, if I were to pull up way too hard the tail piece may pivot enough to damage the wood so I put a pad under it just in case..

does not effect the tone but does reduce the sustain...

So I took this bad bird to the weekend place and got use to it. the Neck is well just f-ing wicked. chunkier than the millie and NO radius. flat.. makes me want to break out the slide... also the 25 3/4 scale is cool. makes for real fast chords, and more room at the body for my clumsy fingers... also the access to the neck at the body is great I had forgoten what it was like to have easy access down there..

I think this is defiantly a keeper..

Bob

Archived