Heritage Owners Club

Tech 21 Liverpool

Well, now that I have a top notch jazz amp, I also have top notch platform amp via the effects loop.

At some point, I hope to give this emulator pedal a whirl.

Anyone here use one? Heard compliments like it only comes second to the AxeFx (on the AxeFx forum).

Love the Vox sound but why pay $160 for a pedal that sounds like one when for only 10 times the price you can get a Valvetech Heyseed 15 with an ALNICO blue?

When I wanted my amp to sound like a Marshall I got me a GUV'NOR pedal. Used it a couple of times and like the kids say meh. Without testing the Tech21 products I would believe if you can't lug around multi amps to a gig the AxeFx costing a 10 times what one pedal costs would be a better deal providing over 10 different amps sounds.

That's the way I roll.

JC, I had one for a while, for the same purpose. Just in case the amp went I'd have a back up. Never did use it, tho'. Now that Tracy is playing some electric guitar we have two amps on stage, so no need. But it was quite convincing the few times we tried it out at practice. Also made for a decent OD in the signal chain (altho' I have others I like better).

Love the Vox sound but why pay 160 for a pedal that sounds like one when for only 10 times the price you can get a Valvetech Heyseed 15 with an ALNICO blue?

When I wanted my amp to sound like a Marshall I got me a GUV\'NOR pedal. Used it a couple of times and like the kids say meh. Without testing the Tech21 products I would believe if you can\'t lug around multi amps to a gig the AxeFx costing a 10 times what one pedal costs would be a better deal providing over 10 different amps sounds.

That\'s the way I roll.

The AxeFx would be overkill and why buy a whole other amp when I have the JC?

I wouldn\'t compare the Guv\'nor to the Character pedals. The Guv\'nor is an OD pedal. The Character series are SansAmp amp modellers. They are intended to be used direct to board hence me wanting to run the Liverpool into the effects return.

Reviews on these character pedals being used direct to board are very good.

Archived