Heritage Owners Club

??'s answered about h575 special

toddinjax

Hi All,

I'm trying to post pics of my 575 special but I don't know wtf  >:( I'm doing so... Anyway, about that screaming b string when plugged in problem; I replaced the string and it's all good now. I have no clue what could cause such a phenomena (do any of you?) but I do not exagerate when I say it was at least 50% louder than all the other strings through an amp, at every fret. Played acoustic there was no issue, volume was well balanced across all strings. I'm hoping to get the 1993 clunker floating pup replaced with a # 3 soon. I'd welcome any comments from folks who have that standard # 3 pup. I'll try to post pics again later on. thanks, todd.

Todd~ I'm glad your screaming 'B' string issue has been resolved.  Sometimes a simple string change can fix what seems to be a major problem.  I've noticed some string manufacturers are not as consistent with their wires as others.  Also changing the string gauge can have an effect.  Trial and error I guess.

As far as posting pics on this site, you might first consider opening an account at one of the free hosting web sites.  Then all you have to do is upload your photos there and copy the specific photo link to your message here.  There are a bunch of sites to choose from.

www.imageshack.us

www.photobucket.com

and many more.

Good luck with your #3 pickup swap.  Since you have a floating p'up, you might find a big difference in tone, depending on which pickup is used.  It seems that floating pickup setups are more sensitive than non-floating pickup setups.  I ended up changing pickups two times and pots/caps before getting my desired tone.  I ended up installing custom wound Kent Armstrong pafs in my two Heritage archtops after trying out Schalers and Gibsons. 

Again, its trial and error...or season to taste.

Archived