Heritage Owners Club

A big mistake turns out to be a big surprise

brentrocks

As you all probably know...i bid and won a H 127 on ebay last week, which i accidently won...didnt mean to win

anyway...it arrived yesterday while we were all at the pilgrimage. i didnt get home until 1 am, so i waited to open the box untill this morning.  At first sight i realized the Kahler WAS factory (very relieved) Upon further inspection, i realized the guitar was in very good condition...in fact, it was in what i would consider near mint condition.  There was very little fret wear, no dings/chips through the wood on the headstock or the body.  There was no rust on the hardware or even the post of the pups.

I changed the strings and polished it up...the setup was surprisingly right on!  I put a coat of lemon oil on the fretboard to condition it and it looks really nice now. I only had to tweek the truss rod a very little bit.  I have never owned a Heritage w/ the Veri-Phase electronics and i have to say it is pretty sweet!  AND it 24 frets! and 24 3/4 scale...really sweet!

The guitar sounds great, the neck is super slim (like the older Heritages are) and it is nice and light!  the kahler holds tune really well.  And maybe the most incredible thing of all...all the tools, trem bar, trem shim screws, tools and case key were ALL THERE!  the case is almost mint too....i was lucky indeed to take a chance on this baby.

i wish i could have had it for the jam last night ;D

width=600 height=450http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/ebmmquilt/H%20127/P1010015.jpg[/img]

width=600 height=450http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/ebmmquilt/H%20127/P1010010.jpg[/img]

width=600 height=450http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/ebmmquilt/H%20127/P1010009.jpg[/img]

width=600 height=450http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/ebmmquilt/H%20127/P1010008.jpg[/img]

width=600 height=450http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/ebmmquilt/H%20127/P1010007.jpg[/img]

width=600 height=450http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/ebmmquilt/H%20127/P1010005.jpg[/img]

width=600 height=450http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/ebmmquilt/H%20127/P1010002.jpg[/img]

width=600 height=450http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/ebmmquilt/H%20127/P1010011.jpg[/img]

width=600 height=450http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/ebmmquilt/H%20127/P1010016.jpg[/img]

Wow, very nice Brent.

You will have to give me some tips on bidding on e-bay. Don't get me wrong I have bought my share off the "bay", but now with all the impostures...

How do you know what's legit??

Wow, very nice Brent.

You will have to give me some tips on bidding on e-bay. Don't get me wrong I have bought my share off the "bay", but now with all the impostures...

Thanks KUZ!

the first clue that the kahler was legit is the route in the body...it has red paint inside it.  i half-heatedly wanted it to be a hardtail ;D

thats great, love it when a plan works out...

"As you all probably know...i bid and won a H 127 on ebay last week, which i accidently won...didnt mean to win"

I'll have to try that one out on the mrs.

....fell into a pile of S***, came out smelling like a rose.... ;D

Brent, I was some what considering bidding on that mint Roy Clark that was on the bay a couple days ago. Good thing I didn't because didn't someone found out it was listed twice (I think that's what happened).

I heard e-bay is very non-responsive to fakes & scams.

I prefer to buy new, but if I could have stolen that RC if around 1K....

Anyhow I think it went for around $1,500.

It might be helpful when you post the trading post stuff whether you feel they are legit due to yourvast experience on guitar auctions. (J/K, meant in good fun & jealousy!)

That is a real beauty, Brent, with totally different specs again than the one I had. The Kahler is excellent (this is a 2320 model) and hopefully the tiny allen screw for tightening the arm is still working (they usually go lame because people tighten them to fast). Make sure you put your pictures on the photobucket page. This way we will get a great catalogue of model variations.

Congrats, Brent.  I gotta remember that one...  "Honey, I didn't MEAN to buy this guitar... it was an accident  :)"

Nice looking, looks like a real player.  Reminds me of a, well, a Tele more than anything, but kinda tele/firebird/strat looking.  The black headstock sets off the read body really well.

Brent, I was some what considering bidding on that mint Roy Clark that was on the bay a couple days ago. Good thing I didn't because didn't someone found out it was listed twice (I think that's what happened).

I heard e-bay is very non-responsive to fakes & scams.

I prefer to buy new, but if I could have stolen that RC if around 1K....

Anyhow I think it went for around $1,500.

It might be helpful when you post the trading post stuff whether you feel they are legit due to yourvast experience on guitar auctions. (J/K, meant in good fun & jealousy!)

it is a funny thing about that roy....i had no idea that there were multiple auctions on that one, i must have just missed it.  usually the Heritages dont fall victim to the EBAY scammers, it is the high-end Gs, Fs, SRPs (prs) that get dupped like that.

i paid $1400 used for my ROY, and i think that was prob a great deal, but then i had the HRWs installed ($300) sold it for $1350

anyway....if you could pick one up for aroung $1400, i would say it would be a good buy :)

thats great, love it when a plan works out...

"As you all probably know...i bid and won a H 127 on ebay last week, which i accidently won...didnt mean to win"

I'll have to try that one out on the mrs.

she showed up at the farm last night and said, "the UPS man was here today, why?"  i told her it was a really good story ;D

Wow, very nice Brent.

i think i kinda missed the point the first time.....

back 5-7 yrs ago it was pretty easy, IMO to buy on ebay....i never had a deal go bad until just last year, and i did get my $$$ back.  but i hear of sooo many people getting ripped off and it just pisses me off!  what kind of person do you have to be to do that to somebody?  i mean com'on!!!

KUZ, the best advice i can give you, being a 700 rated ebayer since 1997, ask for references, ask for hi-res pics, ask for a 48 hour return policy....if that doesnt work, wait for the next one.  I have only bought 4 new guitars in the past 14 yrs...4 out of ????  40????  maybe i have been lucky?  maybe i'm stupid?   ;D

i think i kinda missed the point the first time.....

back 5-7 yrs ago it was pretty easy, IMO to buy on ebay....i never had a deal go bad until just last year, and i did get my $$$ back.  but i hear of sooo many people getting ripped off and it just pisses me off!  what kind of person do you have to be to do that to somebody?  i mean com'on!!!

KUZ, the best advice i can give you, being a 700 rated ebayer since 1997, ask for references, ask for hi-res pics, ask for a 48 hour return policy....if that doesnt work, wait for the next one.  I have only bought 4 new guitars in the past 14 yrs...4 out of ????  40????  maybe i have been lucky?  maybe i'm stupid?  ;D

Hey I have only bought one used guitar.......ever and right now it's my favorite...

go figger...

I have spent a little more time w/ the 127 and i have to say that I'm really bonding w/ this Heritage! 

It is a true player...that Veri-phase system is really unique, i think Ren was the person that developed it and i must say it created some really odd/magical tones.

i played w/ the truss rod some more to find the sweet spot, but who am i kidding, I'm no, Tulk1 or Yoslate or Mikenov or KUZ or Fxdx99 or Alicia or ThroBak....you get the picture ;D ;D ;D

it is the classic left under the bed, closet queen....not any more! >:D ;D

i played w/ the truss rod some more to find the sweet spot, but who am i kidding, I'm no, Tulk1 or Yoslate or Mikenov or KUZ or Fxdx99 or Alicia or ThroBak....you get the picture ;D ;D ;D

Stop that self deprecating foolishness! We discovered who was the high gain master! 8) ;D

Sweet score on that one Brent. I almost picked up a pretty white SG back in the 80's with that same kahler setup on it. I couldn't believe I had found a SG with a whammy bar. Alas, I couldn't negotiate with the shop and had not enough money. I was trying to lower the price by blaming the fool that had installed a kahler on it, I really wanted the kahler, heh. I guess I was pretty transparent on that deal. The guitar disappeared pretty quick, I guess someone had the cash.

I am sure you will flip that one for profit when you get bored with it. That's another rare bird H bomb for you collection. I love the quote "I accidentally bought it" hahah

Oops, I did it again!

Archived