Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Moderne?

JohnCovach

Wow...that guitar looks like it's the victim of a stick-up!  "Put your hands up, Varmint!"

Take a look at the wild figure in the rosewood fretboard.  I've never seen swirls like that before.  Interesting piece, but not my cup of Heritage tea.

Well, I know it's been there that long because I've been watching it that long. :)  I even emailed the store and asked about condition and such.  My recollection is they said it had some wear but overall was in good shape.  Can't remember if it had an OHSC or not, but I bet it'd be difficult to find one that fits if it doesn't.  As to the model name, I sent Ren an email with the picture and asked.  He told me it was a Terminator and fairly rare.  I probably still have his reply in my inbox somewhere, but I think those two details were the high points.

If that thing is still sitting in the store, you might be able to get it for cheap, given how long it's been for sale on their web page.  I know a guy whose brother is a manager for Guitarget and he was supposed to be checking on "best price" for me.  But, that was six weeks ago and I never followed up as I bought the Millennium DC.  Maybe I should give him another call.

The big question to me is, will Heritage become collectible? A few of the guitars I've owned would be worth good money today, others not. Stat no. 1 is for sale, but it's not a guitar I'd prefer to play. Besides, it seems to me that some of the newer Heritages are somewhat nicer than the older ones. I just can't stop wondering if a few years from now I'll be wishing I'd grabbed a couple early Heritages. It's a risk investment. Who knows if there will be, for example, a 25'th anniversary series that keeps down the value of the ones from the 20'th. I do think that rare Firebird model has excellent collector potential. And there's no harm in making a ridiculously low offer. But Dick, take another look at Grayta's H535 with that ebony fingerboard, for instance. What a primo guitar!

Collectible or not, I recently got hold of two ugly duck Heritage models (162 and 127) for very little money, but they surprise me every day. SO GOOD!! Far superior to any everyday Fender, Gibson or Ibanez in the medium price range. So if you go for quality you can always give any Heritage a chance. Will it be a good investment? I understand pretty soon the USA will have a huge economic depression due to the real estate prices booming in the wrong direction (and we Europeans will follow). Therefore nobody will be interested in a good guitar as investment for a long time . So get one for your grandchildren. Or buy twenty during the depression.

H127whole.jpg

H127whole.jpg_thumb

H-162-whole2.jpg

H-162-whole2.jpg_thumb

I love that 162 and wish I could find one (especially at bottom feeder pricing. Heh).  I can't complain about the price for either the 137D (first edition) or Milly DC I bought, though.  Both are exceptional values and exceedingly good playing guitars.  If that Terminator is there around Thanksgiving time (six more weeks?), I might just lowball them and see what they say.

Archived