Heritage Owners Club

NGD Heritage H140 with Traps

DetroitBlues

As much as I wish it was true, I photoshopped the fretboard from the blue 150 on the GT 140. What a difference a bound fretboard with traps makes...

So for the wishful thinkers like me...

167cc7bd370db37aeb1318e5dfdb836b.jpg

140 GoldTop with Traps. I sure wish I could of converted it. Might have been worth it from a resale perspective...

I'm going to start calling you Goldilocks (or Goldy-tops...anyway...) "This one's too Hot, This one's too Cold, but THIS ONE..... Well, you'll find it one day, haha. Yeah, traps and bound fretboard are nice, but if the rest of the guitar speaks to me, it's not a deal-breaker if they don't have 'em. Obviously, I'm such a whore, a LOT of them tend to speak to me, haha.

I'm going to start calling you Goldilocks (or Goldy-tops...anyway...) "This one's too Hot, This one's too Cold, but THIS ONE..... Well, you'll find it one day, haha. Yeah, traps and bound fretboard are nice, but if the rest of the guitar speaks to me, it's not a deal-breaker if they don't have 'em. Obviously, I'm such a whore, a LOT of them tend to speak to me, haha.

To me, some guitars look right with dots, traps, or blocks. Depends on the model... In this case a LP style has to have traps.

To me, some guitars look right with dots, traps, or blocks. Depends on the model... In this case a LP style has to have traps.

I GET it; But a "Dot" with Blocks or ornate inlays like on a 555 won't get kicked out of bed for eating crackers, either, even though the originals were, well, Dots. Having said that, I have never been able to get used to the fancy abalone inlays on my Fender American Deluxe Tele.

I GET it; But a "Dot" with Blocks or ornate inlays like on a 555 won't get kicked out of bed for eating crackers, either, even though the originals were, well, Dots. Having said that, I have never been able to get used to the fancy abalone inlays on my Fender American Deluxe Tele.

I agree with you on all counts. Upgrades are nice...

This will never leave my possession and it only has lonely dots!!! Dots are understated and classy. The most sought after vintage 355s are dot necks!

Mc2web2.jpg

11092-2small.jpg

Archived