Heritage Owners Club

Serial number question

Thundersteel

Hi all!

I saw a new 2006 H150 the other day. There is a 3-digit number above the serial number. Any idea what that would be for?

It's not an anniversary model, and the seller doesn't know, either. Any ideas?

• 2 months later...

That's the "tone seeker" number that they use in the factory. If it is three digits it is certified awesome tone and the higher the three digits, even better the tone. 8)

Of course I'm full of crap. I don't know and have never seen a Heritage with this numbering. Be interested to find out what it is.

Could that 286 possibly be 2ND?? Or BGN? 

I've never thought Heritage's stamping of serial numbers (likely done by hand with those little rubber inks stamps on a metal rod, then dipped in silver paint..) was particular well done (or clear).

Cheers,

Cryoman

It sounds like a question for Ren.  I had a 1999 H-150 in antique natural that had Duncans, gold hardware, scarfed back (belly cut) and had a 3 digit number over the serial number. I was told by the dealer that it was a special run and they were numbered.  Don't know if that was BS or not but I'm sure Ren could shed some light on the matter.

Yep, that's definitely '236'.

Hmmm...Since Heritage's Alpha system is nearing the end of the alphabet (aren't they are now up to 'X' or 'Y' for 2008?), maybe they are expanding their numerical sequence by adding more digits above the usual serial number.  Wouldn't it be simpler to just add another Alpha and start over (e.g. 'AA12345')?

Just a wild guess with absolutely zero (that's '0') factual basis.

Archived