Heritage Owners Club

Used Prices

58super

I'd say $2400 is on the really really low side for an SE. I paid $3k for one SE and $2900 for another...I bought an SKB from Wolfes for $3700...all archtops were used. Those archtops are so few, and when they appear used one never knows when the next one will come along.

What is the going market price for a used Super Eagle or a Kenny Burrell model?

Thanks,

David

btw, I know of another SKB currently available that can be had for about $3700...very nice archtop, but isn't my favorite shade.

file_zpse4822f83.jpg

The cheapest SE I'm aware of was the one I bought from GuitarCenter a while ago for $2450.

It was a BGN-marked sunburst with a floater.

I sold it to my guitar teacher who put a lot of effort into cleaning it up and making it right.

The Gibson Super 400 and the Heritage Super Eagle are the aristocrats of the six-string world. The D'Angelicos and various descendants of that tradition are lovely as well but they are all really following the path laid out by that original 18' archtop.

there was a new KB on ebay a while back for $2700

The OP is referring to the carved 18" SKB I assume. The guitar you've referenced is a laminate 17" that was priced as low as $2200 off and on over several months with no takers.

Archived