Heritage Owners Club

New H576 Custom Order - missing a dot on the side of the fingerboard

snacker

The Last Drop? Thats a little pub or bar & griil type deal. I don't know if they have live music, but if they did...wouldn't see more than 30 people at a show!

We play at a place called Winks, which is cool...but we really want to play at Molly Blooms, which is the best cover band venue in the city. The only problem is the owner is a complete tool, he wants demos and all this nonsense we can't provide. But we go night in and night out and rip on the bands that currently play there. They are horrible compared to us.

Oh well, I'll try push him hard in September and say we bring in the 'young university crowd'.

The Last Drop? Thats a little pub or bar & griil type deal. I don't know if they have live music, but if they did...wouldn't see more than 30 people at a show!

We play at a place called Winks, which is cool...but we really want to play at Molly Blooms, which is the best cover band venue in the city. The only problem is the owner is a complete tool, he wants demos and all this nonsense we can't provide. But we go night in and night out and rip on the bands that currently play there. They are horrible compared to us.

Oh well, I'll try push him hard in September and say we bring in the 'young university crowd'.

Give him your card with a contact # and tell him to call you if he's ever in a pinch.  Tell him he'll be glad he did.  Look at him like you mean it and as if it'd be HIS loss if he didn't book you, ONE time.  He'll respond to confidence.

Bar owners, talk about dolts.

I used to manage a band, got tired of the idiots that owned the bars---

Give him your card with a contact # and tell him to call you if he's ever in a pinch.  Tell him he'll be glad he did.  Look at him like you mean it and as if it'd be HIS loss if he didn't book you, ONE time.  He'll respond to confidence.

Bar owners, talk about dolts.

I used to manage a band, got tired of the idiots that owned the bars---

The problem isn't that...hes beyond stupid. He WANTS a band with members from the University (our school is known as the biggest party school in Canada...35,000 students in a town of 400,000), so that the crowds are more rowdy, and thats exactly what we bring, plus we are actually good.

I am friends with two of the bouncers too, and at one point apparently the guy was excited to have us on, except nothing came of it.

The reason is because his house band which he sings in plays Friday/Sat and he has a constant paid cover band thursday. Those are the big nights there, Monday is big but Karaoke. So he wants to get us in on a Tuesday or Wednesday, which is lame...yet he still hasn't even made that offer.

Point is, I think its kicking a dead horse, but I'll give it a good shot when school starts in September again...its such a fun bar for live music. Sexy, sexy girls. Watching guitarist. Solo. Alive - Pearl Jam. Score.

I've got a 1996 576 with the original pickups.   Since you have tow with different pickups, I was wondering about your suggestion of a pickup for jazz/blues and some classic rock. 

I've said it before, here, and I'll say it again....  I have Duncan Phat Cats in my 576, and they are fabulous!  Warm at the neck, the bridge'll bite just fine, punchy together. Very versatile stuff!

Archived