Heritage Owners Club

1985 H170

bert5535

Just wondering if anyone knows where to find replacement parts for a 1985 H170.  I have a B serial H170 that i got back about in 90 or so- this was my first (and last) electric guitar purchase- just haven't needed anything else from a guitar.  Problem is that i lost one of the little flywheels that guide the strings and havent been able to find a replacement.  If anyone knows what type is stock for that model i would appreciate the info.  Thanks, i will try to post some pics at some point.

bert

Hey Bert, welcome to the forum.  If you are talking about the rollers on the bridge I might have one in my stock pile.  A few years ago a buddy lost one of these and Rendall sent me a few of them for replacements. 

"Roller on the bridge" sounds like a pretty good description of what i lost- i have a different bridge on there now to keep it playable, but would love to get a replacement to keep it stock.  Its a cherry sunburst with a bit of wear and tear, but no structural deformities.  I just need to find my camera and i will try to get some shots on here.  I was really surprised to find that it was as old as it is- i just started looking stuff up online about heritage guitars and found the serial model/year chart.  it is serial model B 11301.  I fell in love with it as a kid and got it for my birthday when i was about 13, had it ever since.  I still don't know how to tell if its a H170 CMSM or CM.  It has covered humbuckers, and a single push pull to select pickups, three knobs- i think tone, and two pickup volume knobs.  Obviously I am quite ignorant of how this thing is put together, but i have played mostly acoustic and am now just getting back into my electric.  I think i am going to get this little Fender Champ 12 that i found at a pawn shop for 250- its the snake-skin looking one.  Any thoughts on if thats worth it?

Bert, let me see if I can round that piece up for you. 

I also have a Champ 12.  It has a gray snake skin looking cover on it too.  Not a bad little amp.  $250 might not be a bad price for it but the Blues Jr. is a much better amp. 

I would be eternally grateful if you found the missing piece.  Good to know about the amp- i have a giant non-tube monster at this time which sounds like crap, so anything is a move up.  let me know what you need from me to get that part.

thanks again

bert

Congratulations Bert, as the newest Heritage Owner's Club member you win..... A NEW CAR!!!! 

Well, not really.  I have the roller here in front of me.  Send me a PM with your mailing address and it will be on it's way to you tomorrow.

Oddly, when I first read that I wondered, "A new candy apply red what?" Need to stop looking at Fenders.

I am sure your wife would agree with that.  ;D

Bert....

you have a real treasure my friend...a "B" code Heritage is a vintage, historic piece man!

that was very early production!  i cant wait to see pics!

i have a "C" code '86 H 170 in tobaco burst that i absoloutly love!  glad you found us!  he is my 170...

width=600 height=450http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/ebmmquilt/H%20170/IMG_9489.jpg[/img]

width=600 height=450http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/ebmmquilt/H%20170/IMG_9488.jpg[/img]

width=600 height=450http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/ebmmquilt/H%20170/IMG_9486.jpg[/img]

Archived